Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1205 (Marseilles shirt)

Reviewed by:Lori V

About Lori Vstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/20/02
Posted on:7/18/02 1:11 AM
Last Updated:7/27/02 10:23 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

said... (7/19/02 0:25 AM) Reply
R. Tee, this pattern is for soft draping fabric such as rayon crepe or textured rayon. Also, the wrong side of the fabric will show at the neck so fabric that looks the same on both sides is better.
said... (7/18/02 3:46 PM) Reply
Is this pattern only for knit fabrics?
said... (7/18/02 1:26 PM) Reply
Looking forward to seeing the pictures! The pattern front says this is a Loes Hinse design, so I think this one was designed before they split.
said... (7/18/02 12:33 PM) Reply
Lori, this review is very inspiring. I love the use of doubled sheer fabric; also love looking at the JJill catalog for ideas! Can't wait to see the picture.
said... (7/18/02 9:32 AM) Reply
Sherril, You can just exchange a small zigzag for anything that says serged. Use the zigzag for a stretch fabric - like a .5 width. I wouldn't think you would need a dart - some on pattern review use a large bust adjustment. I think it is just adding a bit more fabric in the front and then easing it in around the bust area.
said... (7/18/02 9:24 AM) Reply
Just to Clarify, when I had a chat with Loes last time, she mentioned that after Soho Pants none of the patterns are designed by her. So this one is also designed by Marsha Day... who owns the company now.
said... (7/18/02 4:12 AM) Reply
Lori, I have been drooling about this pattern for a long time. Today I broke down and bought it on-line and I should be getting it by Saturday. However, I don't have a serger. Does Loes give instructions on how to make this top with just a sewing machine? Also, I am almost a C cup. Do you think I will have to add a dart. I really don't want to because I'm afraid it will disturb the simplicity of Loes' design style. However, I just hate it when a top folds over at my bustline, putting in a dart anyway. I look forward to seeing the photos of your top.

Young Image Magazine SS-2013-Y1307