Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4993 (One Size Rag Quilt Wall Hangin)

Reviewed by:SewTwin

About SewTwinstar
Member since: 1/13/04
Posted on:11/19/04 1:33 AM
See other patterns in this category: Crafts
SewTwin said... (2/23/10 8:10 PM) Reply
MamaG68, This pattern is very simple. You are basically sandwiching 2-3 layers of fabrics with another 2-3 layers of fabrics. Then stitching them on one side.Do this for a whole row,over & over.Then put each row together.By the time you have stitched each row together, you should have a seam on each side.I did always do an outside seam to stabilize.You lastly make cuts in the selvedge(hanging from the seam).then put it all in the washer & dryer 3-4 times.This will make it bloom, and look little like fur?..Hope this helps, sorry for the delay, had not checked my email, lately...
MamaG68 said... (2/22/10 11:32 PM) Reply
I am new at making these types of quilts. I don't quite understand how I am to put the pieces together once quilted. It is very confusing to me. Can you advise on how to do this? I am making two of the for my son to take home to my grandson's and I need to have them done by Wednesday. Thank you for any help.
janyb said... (12/13/08 10:54 AM) Reply
I liked the idea of "ragging" the nose and eyes so tried it on the quilt I made. It turned out really cute. Thanks for the idea.
AnneM said... (11/21/04 7:49 PM) Reply
That is adorable; I'm certain it is a big hit with whatever child received it.
Elemenopeo said... (11/19/04 1:51 PM) Reply
I will have to get that. My kids took a quilting class using this technique but making a rectangle blanket. This looks more fun but is an easy technique.
SewTwin said... (11/19/04 1:17 PM) Reply
It is pretty big. I would say 6 ft from the top of the head to the feet, and 5 ft from arm tip to arm tip. I cut all of the pieces out in one night, including the batting, and it took about 3 nights to sew it up ,and another night to clip all of the edges. I washed & dried it 4 times, and then used a lint roller and scissors to remove any extra long strings and fuzz that was stuck to the quilt. The tote bag only took 1 night to measure cut and sew up. I used one of the drawstring hooks that are available at Joann's to pull the drawstring through.
Steffie said... (11/19/04 11:56 AM) Reply
What a fun blanket! I love it. How big is it? From the pic, it looks quite large. How long did it take you to cut and construct? Thanks for the review!
Mary Stiefer said... (11/19/04 11:17 AM) Reply
This is so cute.
J_J said... (11/19/04 7:20 AM) Reply
What a cute pattern. I love it. It's going on my wishlist.
Understanding Interfacings