Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Member since: 12/23/10
Posted on:3/8/12 6:45 PM
Last Updated:3/8/12 6:45 PM

Claverie said... (3/10/12 8:49 AM) Reply
Yes, olgarosita, the pockets had me puzzled big time. I just had to sew it, take it apart, and sew it again (several times). Same for the front fly, which I have done many times before. Thankful for the front strip crossing over the fly to cover my mistake. And yes, it sits very low, yet it's still a tad large on me. Nice design, just roomy.
olgarosita said... (3/10/12 8:23 AM) Reply
I also was attracted by this pattern and printed it out and put the pieces together months ago. I carefully measured the pattern pieces, and after seeing how large the waistband was, my impression was that it was supposed to fall lower than my natural waistline. This conclusion, and the number of pattern pieces that I didn't know exactly how to deal with (did you notice how many pieces there are only for the pocket alone?) made me to put this pattern apart (for a while). You are brave for giving it a try :)
marec said... (3/9/12 3:34 PM) Reply
Cute skirt~I've had a run of bad pictures lately so I smiled at your comment.
Vivienne said... (3/9/12 1:19 PM) Reply
That's very cute - I love the button at waist and the pleats. Your comment about poor pictures made me chuckle - mine are horrible too.
JEF said... (3/8/12 10:23 PM) Reply