Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4560 (Diaper Bag)

Reviewed by:lisalu

About lisalustar
Member since: 10/5/08
Posted on:3/10/12 9:09 AM
Last Updated:3/10/12 9:43 AM

See other patterns in this category: Crafts

ClioBklyn said... (3/11/12 11:05 AM) Reply
Nice! I've made this bag 3 times for moms in my life and it really is a great bag. Your version looks fantastic! I especially agree with points 1 & 2 - managing the many pieces and managing the bulk are key! In my most recent version I used hardware to make an adjustable strap and magnetic snaps instead of velcro - I thought both were good solutions to the problems you mentioned, which I also experienced.
Tiffy5t said... (3/11/12 1:02 AM) Reply
Your bag turned out so beautiful. I was looking around for a good diaper bag and yours has truly inspired me to sew one for myself. I too am not a big fan of the skulls but you made it work and the whole bag looks great. Did it take you a long time to sew the whole bag?
sewingfoo said... (3/10/12 12:18 PM) Reply
Excellent review with great info for another sewer(me) to make this diaper bag with the modifications you mentioned! I have used fusible fleece before and you are spot on with the advice to remove the seam allowances. I have made several t-shirts with camo skulls for grand-kids. I'm not wild about the print either;but, they love them.

Understanding Knit Fabrics