Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 10-2011-123 (Wrap Dress with Flounce)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:3/14/12 11:29 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Barbara V said... (3/15/12 9:26 AM) Reply
Burda Style Magazine has some wonderful designs and your choice of this wrap dress with flounce to showcase your beautiful double sided wool was brilliant. Too bad the ties did not work out for you, but I do like it with the belt to define your waist and also without the belt. You should most certainly wear and enjoy your dress!
Terri A said... (3/15/12 0:13 AM) Reply
What a cool dress! The reverse of the flounce showing is a great detail made possible by your wonderful fabric choice. I hope you wear this a lot, as you look fabulous in it.
Mufffet said... (3/14/12 2:56 PM) Reply
Very nice dress, although what you may be feeling is an out of scale design thing there in the flounce area in regard to your small stature. I like the dress, but I think you should try a version as a wrap and see what that turns out to look like! :)
tsedai said... (3/14/12 12:34 PM) Reply
I think it looks cool - especially with the belt!
SewWil said... (3/14/12 12:05 PM) Reply
I'm not seeing it as boxy on you. I think it looks great. Especially with the belt. Thanks for the detailed review.
marec said... (3/14/12 11:41 AM) Reply
This is an amazing design which would be fabulous in a variety of fabrics, but looks especially nice in the wool you used. I love it. For my own take on it, I would love to make it in a floral crepe ending mid calf. I like the no waist seam look on you!!

Understanding Knit Fabrics