Pattern Reviews> Threads Magazine> #116 12/04-1/05 (Purse)

Reviewed by:Rustybobn

About Rustybobnstarstarstar
Member since: 4/5/02
Posted on:11/22/04 8:35 AM
Last Updated:11/22/04 8:42 AM

Gail S said... (11/23/04 1:49 PM) Reply
Love it! I wanted to try this but was discouraged by the pulling the zipper apart project. I did this once on another quick to make project and it was almost the death of me! It took me forever to get the zipper put back together and I invented several new swear words in the process. I am all for the longer zipper wimp method. Sign me up! I'm going to add this one to my got to do projects.
Asa Hagstrom said... (11/22/04 1:44 PM) Reply
So cute! Great tip about the zipper.
cindyann said... (11/22/04 12:22 PM) Reply
Well I can certainly understand your frustration with the zipper. It took me forever to get mine back on too. Your idea for a longer zip is by far less stressful. Your bag is very pretty!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (11/22/04 11:37 AM) Reply
I like your "wimp" zipper solution! I, too, feared making this bag when I read you had to remove the zipper pull. Now I think I will try this bag, too. Yours (and the others') are gorgeous!
Susan M said... (11/22/04 10:29 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! I've looked at that Threads several times and worried about the zipper. Thanks for a great solution.
Rustybobn said... (11/22/04 10:11 AM) Reply
Thanks! Linda, I've added the finished dimensions to the review under pattern sizing.
Mary Stiefer said... (11/22/04 9:10 AM) Reply
I think your idea to use this zipper makes much more sense for a lot of projects. Your bag looks wonderful (even after all the broken needles - hehehe).
LindaS. said... (11/22/04 8:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for a great review. I'll be making some of these as gifts and will not even attempt the zipper according to directions. Yours makes so much more sense. Beautiful bag - what are the final dimensions?

by: Sheila457