Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1886 (Misses Top)

Reviewed by:jrbarham

About jrbarham
KY USA
Member since: 12/16/09
Posted on:3/16/12 5:19 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Sew4Fun said... (7/22/12 10:14 PM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful review. I think you did a great job and I applaud you for not giving up.
obsessed with sewing said... (7/13/12 10:36 PM) Reply
I think your top turned out cute, congrats on your perserverence. I'm disappointed that the directions are so "wacky" as I just bought this pattern today and was looking forward to an "easy" project, oh well, maybe next time I'll read the review before I purchase the pattern!
Arted said... (4/13/12 6:46 PM) Reply
Nice top, I think you did a great job.
fern1knits said... (3/28/12 1:01 PM) Reply
Thank you for this review. I am currently working on this pattern and am having all kinds of difficulty with the instructions. I finally made it through step 12 last night and am worried I'm making a clown costume. I am tempted to abandon the project but your version looks so nice that I wonder if I should persevere.
GBK said... (3/17/12 11:59 AM) Reply
That's a cute pattern, and your blouse looks very similar to it, very nice work! I would not know about Simplicity but have you considered contacting their customer service and ask for help? I did this once with burda and they replied quickly and explained in more detail. Just a thought.
alyce ferg said... (3/16/12 7:44 PM) Reply
I am sorry for all of your difficulty but applaud your efforts. The blouse is beautiful. Sometimes the directions can be wrong or missing. I am curious, I may check it out next time I am at the store. Keep sewing!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/16/12 6:11 PM) Reply
Your top LOOKS pretty, good ;D Let's hope someone shares some helpful instructions/directions for you, eh!!

Understanding Interfacings