Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1164 OOP (DKNY)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Vogue Patterns: 1164 OOP by FreyaStark  Vogue Patterns: 1164 OOP by FreyaStark
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
fourkid said... (5/16/12 11:05 AM) Reply
You always write great reviews - have a wonderful sense of style and an interesting view of life. Thank you for sharing it with us. btw - I love the dress and you in it.
Heatherrique said... (5/5/12 9:17 PM) Reply
Bohemian chic is what I like about this dress! I don't think it looks dated at all. I have been seeing a revival of maxi shirt dresses. You make "Florence and the Sewing Machine" look and sound really hip!
Stargirl7 said... (5/5/12 8:25 PM) Reply
As well as between expiditions, I think it is quite the right dress for a lady's travel wardrobe, especially if she is venturing rather farther than is usual. Bravo!
SewWil said... (5/5/12 8:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. It looks great on you. I like the contrasting tights a lot.
VirginiasDghter said... (5/5/12 4:04 PM) Reply
I like it! The fact that it is classic makes it even better. You picked a great fabric for this one too! I'd wear it in a heartbeat! Good job!
zoe said... (5/5/12 10:50 AM) Reply
This looks comfortable and certainly will be a favourite. I love your online 'persona'; Freya Stark is one of my favourite travel writers from the 1930s. In her obituary in the London Times in 1993 they described her as 'the last of the romantic travellers'. I am actually currently reading her book 'Valley of the Assasins'. You must be a fan of hers as well!
jannw said... (5/5/12 8:41 AM) Reply
Great fabric for a classic dress! Looks very comfortable with the swishy skirt! Perfect for hopping on that camel if necessary!! Love the magenta tights!
cleverclogs said... (5/5/12 8:07 AM) Reply
Lovely dress. Those sleeves are certainly drafted way too long if the pattern photos are anything to go by!
Margaret said... (5/5/12 5:43 AM) Reply
This dress looks like a wonderful classic. I love the rayon print.
Annette1 said... (5/4/12 10:10 PM) Reply
Another WINNING review, and of a pattern that I don't even remember ever seeing. I love a color with a stand. Your dress looks SO nice and COMFY and SWISHY. :o)
Christas said... (5/4/12 6:04 PM) Reply
Flawless sewing and wonderful review, as usual! Love your fabric choice. I hope you find the time to make a summer version. You might have to put the pic of your favorite camel away to do it! LOL! :-)
Mufffet said... (5/4/12 1:46 PM) Reply
:) Nice dress and fabric.
MNBarb said... (5/4/12 11:21 AM) Reply
I had a dress just like this in the 80's. It was such a treat to wear. Rayon is the perfect choice.
renren said... (5/4/12 11:16 AM) Reply
It's all in the framing: what is called distinctly dated might also be considered timelessly classic. This is a beautiful classic! It looks so comfortable to wear. I can see it becoming a favorite. (BTW, what is the camel's name? I hope he is doing well.)

by: Samantha82

Thread Theory Designs Jedediah Pants

by: Lisa Gaska...

Sewing Workshop Daily News Bag Pattern

Sewing Workshop Daily News Bag Pattern

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)