Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6518 (Misses' Lined Dress)

Reviewed by:zoe

About zoestar
Member since: 9/14/03
Posted on:3/17/12 5:23 PM

Other Projects by zoe using this Pattern

clover2010 said... (5/31/12 6:07 AM) Reply
My friend gave me some of her retired saris. I find it helpful to learn how you handled the silk with self lining and organza interfacing.
Christas said... (5/4/12 6:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I love the delicate fabric and details. I know exactly what you mean by sewing being a comfort during hard times. What a blessing the hobby is! Your dress is really lovely, and I enjoyed your story about the beautiful creations made in the dark Quebec winter.
lakaribane said... (3/27/12 8:02 PM) Reply
I think the dress is beautiful and I can completely relate to your personal story, having used sewing myself as therapy after the earthquake. And the story is heartbreaking...Bon courage!
JenniferMM said... (3/22/12 12:07 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Quite delicate and feminine and so beautifully finished. I do hope things are better for you now
prostheticsgirl said... (3/18/12 9:02 AM) Reply
LOVE your fabric! I just made a dress with vintage saris too and it offered quite a few challenges as well. Beautiful but not the easiest to work with for sure
21wale said... (3/17/12 7:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and story to go with it. Some of my ancestors were those rough settlers!
Jrhee said... (3/17/12 6:43 PM) Reply
Lovely dress... (I use sewing for therapy too, and I hope that time heals your wounds.)
alyce ferg said... (3/17/12 5:44 PM) Reply
Absolutely loved the story and your dress.

My Image Magazine M1213