Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1051 (MISSES' PANTS)

Reviewed by:Jrhee

About Jrheestarstar
Member since: 8/7/11
Posted on:3/18/12 2:48 AM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
caper81 said... (3/19/13 9:07 AM) Reply
Gorgeous pants! Wow! I agree with Nancy Rhodes comment above :) And thank you so much for the link to the video on how to construct a fly-front zipper! It think it's simply the *best* video (and I've watched a few) I've seen on sewing in this type of zipper. :) Thanks for all the helpful fitting tips! I will be taking measurements of my favorite jeans! :)
Dilliander said... (5/2/12 7:50 PM) Reply
These are great on you! I've made this pattern before, early on, and without the bells and whistles. Definitely worth making again after seeing your review. Many thanks :)
Elke said... (4/1/12 7:25 AM) Reply
Fabulous pants and details...looks great on you!
MNBarb said... (3/22/12 4:13 PM) Reply
It's a wonderful event when home-sewn pants look better than RTW and better than the pattern photo. Yours are both. I agree with how much can be learned from PR members. Thanks for showing your pattern alterations. It's so helpful to see what works in the area of pants fitting.
fauxgetaboutit said... (3/19/12 5:41 PM) Reply
These pants look awesome on you. Fit is spot on. Thanks for the tips on copying the dimensions from RTW and starting from there. I think that is a great idea. I have this pattern and it's now officially on my "to do" list. Thanks!
Heidi Ho said... (3/19/12 5:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants!! I have made these pants a few times but have never been happy with how tight they were through the back. I may have to try your alteration to the crotch! Thanks for sharing.
Oh2Sew2 said... (3/19/12 2:18 PM) Reply
You got a marvelous fit from this pattern! I believe the crotch curve is the most challenging fit issue I face in all my patterns...I'm getting closer but still a work in progress. The slacks look wonderful!
SavageCoco said... (3/19/12 2:04 PM) Reply
Oh, well done indeed! I make these all the time for work out of anything machine washable and dryable and always have good luck. I omit the front fly zip and just insert an invisible one on the side. The fit on this pattern is quite good. I'm short and oddly shaped but yet they fit.
tsedai said... (3/19/12 12:57 PM) Reply
They look great!
LynnG said... (3/19/12 12:38 PM) Reply
Great job. They fit perfectly.
Levone said... (3/19/12 2:21 AM) Reply
Fantastic looking pants!
FreyaStark said... (3/19/12 1:46 AM) Reply
Very smart pants. Your alteration to the crotch is clever.
ArtAttack said... (3/18/12 11:40 PM) Reply
WOW! These look so great on you...very professional and super fit
Jrhee said... (3/18/12 8:34 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! I'm going to wear them with a black turtleneck to work tomorrow.
carolynw said... (3/18/12 4:22 PM) Reply
Great work - your pants are better than $$$RTW
Lynn67 said... (3/18/12 3:34 PM) Reply
Love them! They look great on you - that pattern's in my wishlist now...
marec said... (3/18/12 12:26 PM) Reply
These are great looking slacks!
slmstyle said... (3/18/12 11:58 AM) Reply
Nice job on your pants! I would go for making a jacket, or cute fitted vest, to go with it, since the pants came out so well!
lcdrbetty said... (3/18/12 11:00 AM) Reply
Great fit & beautifully sewn!
21wale said... (3/18/12 10:35 AM) Reply
Excellent pants. The fit looks great!
RadarRadiance said... (3/18/12 10:30 AM) Reply
Love the fit of these pants on you, what a great job you did on them.
Claverie said... (3/18/12 8:52 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh those look GREAT.
GoodbyeValntino said... (3/18/12 8:25 AM) Reply
Super job with all of the details and great fit!
Catherine Daze said... (3/18/12 8:12 AM) Reply
Very classy pants!
Nancy Rhodes said... (3/18/12 7:47 AM) Reply
Beautiful pantsmanship! Love your review, particularly... " I swear, I have learned more about sewing in the past 8 months that I've been a member here than I have learned in the previous 20 years of sewing by myself". For me, PR has made my hobby less of a solitary one.. I feel I have sewing company. Thnx
khurl said... (3/18/12 7:07 AM) Reply
Great job. The pants look wonderful and fit you very well. I really appreciate you showing how you did the crotch. I have similar fitting issues.
margk said... (3/18/12 6:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful work! This is a great pattern.

by: MissZuriB