Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1914 (Misses' )

Reviewed by:Picnicfan

Last Updated:5/3/12 2:11 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Plus
liliv said... (4/21/13 7:08 AM) Reply
Hi picknicfan! Your dress is very stylish you look gorgeous in it and the color is adorable!
Picnicfan said... (7/7/12 2:13 AM) Reply
Thank you very much, Bea Jay. Yes, I've neglected my blog recently and will have to catch up.
BeaJay said... (5/25/12 3:13 AM) Reply
Hey Picnic Fan - I missed the review when you first posted it - I was waiting for the update to come through your blog. You have done a great job. It looks great on you and the details are lovely. Well done.
Picnicfan said... (5/3/12 9:03 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your kind comments. JTink the neckline might be OK for a summer dress with short sleeves but as mine is a dress for cooler weather ( when I don't have the slightest suntan) I need to wear mine with a scarf. I'll be looking forward to seeing your version of the dress.
JTink said... (5/3/12 8:04 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you reveiwed this dress. I have the pattern and want to start working on it. I was concerned about the "largeness" of the neckline and you answered that for me. Thank you for a very nice review.
Klunky said... (3/30/12 10:34 PM) Reply
It looks like a classic! Beautiful work. I'd love to try it.
annie1129 said... (3/22/12 11:00 PM) Reply
It's a beautiful dress. Very versatile pattern in different fabrics.
moushka said... (3/21/12 1:39 PM) Reply
What an elegant dress! I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing it and find it was worth all your hard work. Looking forward to a photo of you wearing it. Hope your SO takes you out to dinner to show it off :)
Picnicfan said... (3/21/12 10:20 AM) Reply
Thank you, Marec, for your encouraging words. I think I was a bit too anxious when I was sewing it because I was afraid of ruining my fabric. I learnt a few new techniques while sewing this project so maybe I will make it a second time in a more summery fabric and with short sleeves. Looking forward to seeing your version of this dress.
marec said... (3/20/12 11:10 AM) Reply
This looks like a pattern I'd love to try-what a gorgeous dress!! I love the seaming and your work looks so impressive.

Understanding Wool Fabrics