Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 60432-1021 (Pleated Dirndl Skirt)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:3/21/12 11:15 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
GoodbyeValntino said... (3/22/12 8:29 PM) Reply
You were so smart to pleat the skirt out! I avoid the gathered skirts and never thought about pleating! Beautiful skirt!
ryan's mom said... (3/22/12 8:04 PM) Reply
Really cute! I love these looks.
marec said... (3/22/12 10:37 AM) Reply
As usual, your review taught me something new...and I got to enjoy photos of your skirt again. Love it and it is so flattering on you.
Sanibelle said... (3/22/12 4:27 AM) Reply
You do such beautiful, meticulous work. The skirt paired with the wrap top is especially flattering. I love the whole look!
rivergum said... (3/22/12 0:27 AM) Reply
I love this skirt, and the way you have styled it with the wrap top. Great colours too!
SewWil said... (3/21/12 4:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful dirndl skirt. I agree the pleats are much better than gathers. Your sewing projects always look just as good on the inside as the outside. As usual, thank you for the detailed review.
MariannaSew2Pro said... (3/21/12 3:27 PM) Reply
Great skirt! The pleats really are a more flattering alternative to the gathers. Reassuring for me to see this put in practice here as I'll be making a sixties Big Dress next week and was worried that (after all the effort and the expense of fabric) it will make me look like a tubby child... I hope to come across this lovely silk someday: olive green is one of my fave colours. Thanks (yet again) for your many great tips.
Mufffet said... (3/21/12 2:59 PM) Reply
AH yes, one DOES need at least ONE olive green silk bikable skirt! :) This is really nice! Nice hemming and thanks for that tip about starting at the hem to seam up the sides. I do not do rolled hems, as I have never been able to do them no matter how much help or what tips I read or try. Good for you! :)

SewBaby "I Can Do It" Cloth Activity Book Pattern