Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1254 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:Sue Parrott

About Sue Parrottstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/26/10
Posted on:3/20/12 9:52 PM
Last Updated:3/20/12 9:54 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
ceejayem said... (9/30/13 8:08 AM) Reply
I have this pattern also, these fit issues make me think I will hold off for a while, but I still think it looks really nice on you. If you look at the back view of the model's version, it looks like there have been some fitting issues there as well. Looks puckered around the sleeve and a little in the back as well.
Miss N said... (11/1/12 9:21 AM) Reply
I think your dress looks wonderful. So much so I'm going to pick up this pattern. I've had my eye on it for some time. Now, thanks to your review I know what to be aware of when I go to put it together. I love your fabric - great color!
Gendun said... (3/22/12 12:52 PM) Reply
I think you are being too hard on yourself about wearing it - it looks very tasteful and elegant, as do you in it. :) Excellent review, btw!
Jrhee said... (3/21/12 1:43 AM) Reply
I prefer it sleeveless - looks better than the pattern envelope!
Jrhee said... (3/21/12 1:43 AM) Reply
I prefer it sleeveless - looks better than the pattern envelope!
ArtAttack said... (3/21/12 1:38 AM) Reply
I have always loved this pattern but it is one I knew I would never make. I really like your sleeveless version. The back darts actually look like princess seams so I like the effect. Great color on you!
SewWil said... (3/20/12 11:01 PM) Reply
Great idea to make this dress sleeveless.
zoe said... (3/20/12 10:18 PM) Reply
I love your sleeveless version of this dress! I also have this pattern, and sleeveless is certainly something to consider. Thanks for the review!