Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3242 OOP (Vintage 49er Jacket)

Reviewed by:MaryDB

About MaryDBstar
Member since: 2/9/08
Posted on:3/21/12 3:17 AM

Other Projects by MaryDB using this Pattern

sewpelican said... (11/3/12 4:19 PM) Reply
Love your jacket. I have some Pendleton skirts packed away as my waist has "grown". Hated to part with them , but now am inspired to make a vest or two. "Serge and topstitch is what P is doing now", is that to reduce amount of fabric they use I wonder? Their SA used to be quite generous.
snaffles said... (3/24/12 3:47 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket...I love Black Watch plaid. I've been looking for this pattern for ages. I'm pretty sure Lucy was wearing an original one in the classic rumba scene she did with Ricky when she had eggs in her jacket pockets. Waste of a great jacket.
21wale said... (3/21/12 6:44 PM) Reply
Very nice! Such a classic and looks great in the plaid.
SavageCoco said... (3/21/12 3:43 PM) Reply
Oh, SNAP! Finding an identical skirt can only mean it was fated for perfection! Well done!
Elemenopeo said... (3/21/12 2:18 PM) Reply
Fantastic jacket - looks perfectly lovely.
karen n said... (3/21/12 9:02 AM) Reply
Fabulous job, Mary and it looked great real life too as I got to see it on you at the Expo! The best part? Mary impressed me in that she put this right in her washing machine with Woolite, no dryer (correct me if I'm wrong) and it comes out beautifully!
Nancy Rhodes said... (3/21/12 8:27 AM) Reply
What luck finding an additional fabric source.. your jacket is fabulous!
jlg said... (3/21/12 8:15 AM) Reply
I recognized this as the Pendleton jacket as soon as I saw it. Great job.
Rhoda K said... (3/21/12 7:32 AM) Reply
Such a nice jacket and repurpose project! I had a red/gray one when I was in high school and literally wore it out.
birdmcfarland said... (3/21/12 6:59 AM) Reply
I love this! great work
Ripple Dandelion said... (3/21/12 6:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful. I want one, too! I have a small men's plaid shirt jacket that was handed down to me, but a women's version like yours would be so much better fitting and looking.
FreyaStark said... (3/21/12 5:02 AM) Reply
Very nice! The 49er looks like an American classic that is not known where I live, but I certainly wish I could have one. I'll have to watch out for a suitable pattern. You have done well to reuse the skirt fabric so successfully, too.

by: LizzieInBr...