Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:kjcaron

About kjcaronstar
CT United States
Member since: 6/7/07

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:3/21/12 7:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Christas said... (3/22/12 6:06 PM) Reply
You might take a look at the free sewing tutorials on this site: http://silhouettepatterns.com/html/media/livestreamchannel/replay_06_20_2011.htm I thought your jeans looked very nice, but this would give more info to tweak the next pair. I am not affiliated with this company, but enjoy the sewing tutorials.
kjcaron said... (3/22/12 5:05 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the nice words! I will see if I can find more information on shortening the crotch depth....thank you for the pointer! And I will definitely try a different brand of thread next time. I don't know why I didn't do that this time.
marec said... (3/22/12 10:26 AM) Reply
These are stellar! I am saving your review so I can be inspired this summer when I make up some jeans.
JEF said... (3/22/12 10:16 AM) Reply
They look great. I love your back pockets.
Elona said... (3/21/12 9:59 PM) Reply
The pants look terrific. RTWwould die of envy. Asto the extra stuff when you bend over or sit, it sounds as though you need to shorten the front crotch depth a tad. It is a little tricky to do while avoiding mucking up the pockets, but possible.
21wale said... (3/21/12 9:55 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans! The stitching looks very neat. And nice job on the fit! My machine didn't like Coats and Clark topstitching thread, either. It just took me a while to find a combination my machine liked - sometimes I just use a gold color regular thread for the buttonholes and bartacks.
Christas said... (3/21/12 8:17 PM) Reply
Very, very, nice sewing, and you should be very proud of your work! You got such a beautiful fit.

by: becca a