Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2209 (Misses' Dresses & Jacket)

Reviewed by:Ripple Dandelion

About Ripple Dandelionstar
Member since: 9/23/06
Posted on:3/22/12 2:13 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket
Ripple Dandelion said... (3/23/12 8:08 PM) Reply
Oh, thanks for the nice comments, especially on the belt! You guys understand, it's the little things that make us sewers happy. style inspired, yes, I do find the cut rather boxy. I think if I had given myself more room at the bust that would make it a bit curvier for me. Also, I agree that the armholes are a bit low. Not a lot, but a tad. Good luck with your version. I could also see this being shortened to be really cropped.
style inspired said... (3/23/12 5:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. The flat band version (C) is is next on my project list once current wip is finished. I'm planning to add two or three buttons. Despite the princess seams I had the impression it could be boxy. How do you find the armholes and sleeves? -Low, loose?
Lynn67 said... (3/23/12 10:48 AM) Reply
I would never have pictured your jacket from looking at the pattern envelope - yours looks so elegant! Brilliant idea with the peplum - I may copy that with my swayback too. You should be maniacally pleased!
redside said... (3/23/12 10:09 AM) Reply
Inventive pattern changes!
BexInMD said... (3/23/12 9:30 AM) Reply
I love the peplum and belt that you added to give back interest.
becca a said... (3/23/12 9:19 AM) Reply
Both your jackets are lovely and so chic! Your belt and peplum addition are fantastic, and your fabric choices take this pattern from cute to fabulous.
GoodbyeValntino said... (3/22/12 8:02 PM) Reply
Your neck does not look scrawny and the jacket it great! I really love the one with the collar and the little belt thingy truly adds great interest to the back of the jacket. Nice!!
chrissythegreat said... (3/22/12 5:41 PM) Reply
It looks great! You make me want to make a 2nd one...
Claverie said... (3/22/12 5:24 PM) Reply
Oh... very nice. That was a surprise. Nice touch.
MaryDB said... (3/22/12 3:49 PM) Reply
I think those jackets are darling. I especially like the back detail and peplum you added. Nice work!
Christas said... (3/22/12 2:38 PM) Reply
Both jackets look lovely. Your changes to the pattern are very nice. I also love your fabric choices.

Ottobre Design Magazine 01-2007-25