Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2508 (Misses Jackets)

Reviewed by:lobstah.1277

About lobstah.1277
Member since: 2/20/12
Posted on:3/23/12 5:47 PM
Last Updated:3/23/12 6:16 PM
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
LM2HYD said... (9/22/13 4:04 PM) Reply
Lovely job!
SewJill said... (2/19/13 11:03 AM) Reply
Absolutely Beautiful!!! Great Job! I love it! I just got this pattern. I have been eying it for a while and Joann's had their Simplicity patterns 5 for $5. Well who could refuse that! I purchased some Red wool double cloth from my favorite fabric store...Haberman's, in Royal Oak, Mi. And some funky silky fabric for the lining. Nothing boring for me. HAHA! Can't wait to get started on it. It will be a spring / fall jacket. Most likely NEXT spring and fall! lol
sagittmama said... (12/28/12 7:54 PM) Reply
That's alright! It really helped after all since I was JUST getting back into the planning of this pattern. I had fumbled on it over the summer as I hoped to have it done in time for winter. Oh well. The information is helpful that the body pieces can be interchangeable with the collar pieces. Now I just need to dig up my notes I had on this pattern and to finish it so I can have a total walking in the store than trying to total it up inside the store. I do have a button style in mind and feel with this type of button, I feel less is more so wanted to keep it A/B body pieces.
lobstah.1277 said... (12/2/12 10:30 PM) Reply
Sagittmama--sorry to not see your comment for so long (I haven't been on here in forever). You probably are long past waiting for an answer, but just in case it helps someone, I did use the single-breasted front (piece 1) and it does work with the asymmetrical collar just fine!
sagittmama said... (6/21/12 1:38 PM) Reply
Very beautiful! Thank you so much for mentioning about the collar and how it fell when opened. I really want that collar but not the double breast front piece the diagram used. What front piece did you use, piece #1 or #21? Welcome back to sewing!
Westy85 said... (5/24/12 11:52 PM) Reply
Great job looks fabulous!!
nini60 said... (3/24/12 9:30 PM) Reply
Looks great!
tsedai said... (3/24/12 5:32 PM) Reply
Very nice!
regine said... (3/24/12 1:11 PM) Reply
Very beautiful jacket, thanks for the review
PattyE said... (3/24/12 11:19 AM) Reply
Great coat...love the collar
whistlin dixie said... (3/24/12 10:17 AM) Reply
This looks like a very successful re-entry into sewing. You did a great job and the fit is good. Nice!
lobstah.1277 said... (3/24/12 8:45 AM) Reply
Aw, thanks everyone :-)
petro said... (3/24/12 3:40 AM) Reply
It looks pretty good to me! I love the way the collar falls.
CynthiaSue said... (3/24/12 1:30 AM) Reply
This is absolutely fabulous!!!
Sue Parrott said... (3/23/12 10:02 PM) Reply
Nice work! Welcome back to sewing! I took a similar hiatus and am so pleased to be back!
ShirleyW said... (3/23/12 8:52 PM) Reply
That coat is well made and looks great on you!
magpie57 said... (3/23/12 7:03 PM) Reply
Wow, quite a project after such a long hiatus! You did a beautiful job and I love the pink lining!
newsewer2011 said... (3/23/12 6:42 PM) Reply
Looks pretty perfect to me ! welcome back to sewing :)

by: Saint Nolt...