Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6139 (Misses'/Children's/Girls' American Colonial Costumes)

Reviewed by:volvogirl

About volvogirlstar
Member since: 7/4/10
Posted on:3/23/12 8:40 PM

See other patterns in this category: Costumes

Sweater knit fabrics

lazyjgirl said... (9/2/12 11:20 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, because I need to sew this dress in a day, for a parade tomorrow. I was going to cut out a large, but now, I'll do the medium or small for the bodice. You've saved me a bunch of time but putting in this review. Thank you!
Eminor said... (4/4/12 1:54 PM) Reply
Very cute dress! And that fabric looks just perfect!
Aroura said... (3/23/12 10:40 PM) Reply
It looks really good! I can't see the problem with the back, and it sounds like it was a hit at Colonial days with the kids. Good job!
volvogirl said... (3/23/12 9:28 PM) Reply
Hmmm. I'd have to look at it again, but maybe I did miss a gather or something. I don't see one in the line drawing, but who knows! I admit that it could completely be user error. Btw, I love the book Stargirl! One of my all time favorites.
Stargirl7 said... (3/23/12 9:13 PM) Reply
I wonder, as it is a fitted bodice, whether all the excess on the upper back shoulder was supposed to be gathered/eased in to provide some wearing ease? Fitted garments that don't have upper back darts should have a back shoulder seam that's longer than the front, and some notches to indicate where it should be gathered/eased in. It's basically a dart but a sort of released one. Or, maybe it was just drafted oddly. Either way, the dress is great! So nice for you to dress up for the event - I'm sure the kids loved it!

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-1996-417