Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2860 (Men's Pants)

Reviewed by:SandraB

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets    Mens - Pants

Sweater knit fabrics

knitlitcamper said... (4/8/09 1:02 AM) Reply
I just found this pattern today at a thrift store for .15 cents! Great Review!
calzone said... (12/12/04 4:00 PM) Reply
I add my accolades and throw roses at your feet. You have great talent.
PattiK said... (12/3/04 8:00 PM) Reply
Great pants, I am in awe!
candyo said... (11/30/04 9:59 PM) Reply
Amazing!!!!
Schnauzer said... (11/30/04 9:11 PM) Reply
Very nice Sandra. Well done!
SandraB said... (11/30/04 7:25 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone. You make me feel so good with your kind comments. Linda E., send him on over. Skymom, I can empathise. My mom asked me to make a pair of these for my dad. His waist (or waist area) is 47! I think I have my work cut out for me.
Dot said... (11/30/04 7:04 PM) Reply
Wow, Sandra! Your hubby is a very lucky man. The pants look just wonderful. You did great, girl!!!
Linda E. said... (11/30/04 6:54 PM) Reply
Sandra, great looking pants for DH I can see he will never wear RTW again. Can I send you My DH to you make him some it is warmer down there than here. My DH needs better fitting pants than he has been wearing.
JDpenelope said... (11/30/04 5:10 PM) Reply
Sandra, Very impressive. I'll bet lots of sewists will be inspired to try a similar project, based on your amazing results.
Skymom said... (11/30/04 2:06 PM) Reply
Impressive--they look absolutely perfect. It's so great that you can make your DH a really well-fitting pair of pants. Of course, he seems to have an actual waist (unlike my DH), and that helps a lot!
lilhoney57 said... (11/30/04 1:55 PM) Reply
They look great!!!
kbrock said... (11/30/04 11:56 AM) Reply
Well done Sandra! Your DH is certainly a good sport, even giving us a rear view. Now you'll have to make all his pants... RTW won't be good enough anymore!
Elemenopeo said... (11/30/04 11:33 AM) Reply
Those are great! I know some of these are in my future (or rather DHs).
Debbie Cook said... (11/30/04 11:17 AM) Reply
Sandra, the pants look fantastic!! Very professional and no one would ever know these were your first "real" pants for men. Great job!
Runrover said... (11/30/04 8:24 AM) Reply
Sandra: these pants look great! Your DH must be so happy and proud. You did an excellent job.
meli88a said... (11/30/04 7:53 AM) Reply
very nice pants! you've done an excellent job.
cindyann said... (11/30/04 7:13 AM) Reply
Very, very nice!! Great work!
Karla Kizer said... (11/30/04 6:42 AM) Reply
Sandra, I can certainly see why he likes them. They look great. And I agree with you about KS' instructions. I had the same "wow" reaction when I tried another of their patterns for men's pants. KS has a way of making me feel very accomplished. I wonder why the Big 4 (or 3 or 2 - what are we down to now? ) can't do as well. Thanks for posting the great pic; it makes me want to sew up some more pants for my DH, too.
KathleenS said... (11/30/04 0:51 AM) Reply
I love that about KwikSew - you can not understand what the instructions are leading up to, but follow them blindly and it turns out brilliantly. You did a great job!
kirianth said... (11/30/04 0:36 AM) Reply
I'm really impressed! I would've said those *were* RTW. The fit is really nice too. Definitely worth the extra time spent making it.
Lizzy said... (11/29/04 9:49 PM) Reply
Wow, Sandra, these pants are terrific - those back pockets look so professional! Congratulations
Levone said... (11/29/04 8:35 PM) Reply
Great looking pants Sandra....great fit and very professional looking.
els said... (11/29/04 8:14 PM) Reply
Wow great looking pants, I bet he will never want to wear a RTW one, now he is spoiled with a tailor made pair of pants.
Leslie in Austin said... (11/29/04 6:18 PM) Reply
Fantastic, Sandra!! Those look so RTW and seem to fit him really well.
joan said... (11/29/04 6:08 PM) Reply
Great job! Isn't it nice when DH is pleased? I think I'm more pleased with his affirmation more than anyone else.
SueV said... (11/29/04 5:48 PM) Reply
Very, Very nice - great job!
Athelas said... (11/29/04 5:45 PM) Reply
Great job! Yes, very professional results!
LisaLS said... (11/29/04 5:36 PM) Reply
That looks so professional! I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between your pants and RTW pants.

Miranda Day Bag Paper Pattern