Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 115 (Ann's Top)

Reviewed by:Terri A

About Terri Astarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/16/08
Posted on:3/29/12 2:33 AM
Last Updated:3/30/12 3:13 AM

cweetgal said... (2/27/13 9:37 AM) Reply
Lovely top !! And I love such prints.. Reminds me of the cowl I drafted .. With a fabric with messy print :)
NanaSews said... (6/24/12 1:31 PM) Reply
This top fits me perfectly, and on the first try. I am making several of the Silhouette patterns to determine the fit, hopefully as wearable muslins, and when I have a problem I receive an e-mail response quickly.
Knitters Delight said... (3/31/12 1:04 PM) Reply
Very cool. I have purchased several of their patterns but haven't made any yet.
SewWil said... (3/30/12 11:55 AM) Reply
Great looking top! Love the fabric.
JEF said... (3/30/12 11:46 AM) Reply
Very pretty top - I bet your daughter is thrilled with her custom made shirt!
Lori V said... (3/30/12 7:01 AM) Reply
very pretty top and the fabric is gorgeous.
Nancy K said... (3/29/12 6:16 PM) Reply
I just bought a couple of patterns from her and have watched her webcasts, so I am glad to hear you rave about this pattern. It's a very pretty print.
Terri A said... (3/29/12 12:54 PM) Reply
Thanks all :-) - and @ cultured Purl, thankyou for the extra information on her pants fitting webcast. I'm working my way through them all. Also, someone had asked but I had to wait b4 I could answer because my phone battery died on me... The french darts in a knit were a little different for me. I found pinning helped, and the 3/8" SA made it easy toguide. She says you can take them higher into the bust circle if need be and they're practically invisible in the garment. For me, this translated into making them both the same length & not worrying about it, although I hope to improve on technique. Thanks again for leaving comments :-) hth, Terri
Cultured Purl said... (3/29/12 12:21 PM) Reply
One more thing, if you watch her webcast and fit her basic pant( 600 I think she used) you can transer ALL the same to any pant pattern in her collection,( except yoga pant for obvious reasons) I am working on fit now, I really like that one sloper is used , makes it a whole lot easier! ~ Good sewing~
Cultured Purl said... (3/29/12 12:18 PM) Reply
I just ordered this pattern after viewing a few of her webcasts, your is lovely!
marec said... (3/29/12 11:04 AM) Reply
My gosh-I am in love with this top. Thanks for sharing all the info and tutorials also.
KathleenNW said... (3/29/12 10:00 AM) Reply
Cute top. I'm a fan of Peggy's patterns and webcasts too.
Amanda.Claire said... (3/29/12 7:48 AM) Reply
Love this top!
Anne Cherry said... (3/29/12 6:39 AM) Reply
Great print fabric! And thanks for the detailed rundow on Silhoutte patterns. Interesting.

Understanding Sheer Fabrics