Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4954 (Jacket - design your own)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:11/27/04 11:12 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

SouthernStitch said... (11/30/04 3:52 PM) Reply
Sue I just finished mine like this, and I love your fabric choice and that you changed the pattern collar. I don't think your fabric stretched as much as the lining needs to be longer - my jacket did the same thing. The jacket looks great and I'm wearing mine with jeans too. !
Liana said... (11/28/04 9:00 PM) Reply
Darling jacket Sue! Love the fringe. Texture Weft is great for allover fusing on a jacket, as it doesn't stiffen it at all, just holds it in place.
Elemenopeo said... (11/27/04 9:33 PM) Reply
I would have fused the whole jacket with Armo Weft - it drapes nicely. Try a sample to see. Cute jacket. You are so productive!
KarmenG said... (11/27/04 2:31 PM) Reply
Love the fringe - it looks excellent! So contemporary - boy aren't you cranking out the projects!! Go Sue!!
LisaLS said... (11/27/04 2:30 PM) Reply
Looks great! I have that pattern AND that fabric. :) Made a last minute decision to make a skirt instead of the jacket. Big mistake. It makes my butt look 3 times bigger than it really is. If I had seen this review first, I would have just stuck with the original plan. :P
SueV said... (11/27/04 12:24 PM) Reply
You know, I'm not sure where I would have put stablizer on it because I don't want it stiff. But I should have definetly put some on the hem, about 2". I do this on "tailored" jackets, and don't know why I didn't think if it for this. Also, I had this pattern for several months, cut out, and was hesitant on making it; but glad I got it done. So, "SewTabby", go for it! It's not as bad as you may think!
BjP said... (11/27/04 11:55 AM) Reply
Very cute.....but due to the looseness of the weave, where would you have put stabilizer on it? I've read this comment on other reviews as well yours, so where do you mean you should put the stabilizer? On the whole body of the jacket? Very nice look - and yes, it will look great with jeans!
SewTabby said... (11/27/04 11:53 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I have this pattern, and have been itching to get it made up. Your jacket turned out really nicely, and is good inspiration for me to get off my duff and make one of my own. Thanks!

by: MissyBelle