Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2700 (Misses & Miss Petite Pants: Amazing Fit Collection)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:3/31/12 9:12 PM
Last Updated:10/7/12 11:42 AM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Happy10821 said... (5/4/13 4:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for a great and helpful review. Your pants look so professional, both inside and out. GREAT JOB!
cstitches said... (10/20/12 3:22 PM) Reply
Your pants look great. I watched the video on the waistband construction. Did you interface the waistband and the waistband lining like she did in the video?
Jstarr4250 said... (10/8/12 9:21 PM) Reply
Each of your posts is so inspiring and filled with helpful information. Thank you for taking the time to share so much detail.
CCQ said... (10/7/12 8:58 PM) Reply
They look great and I love the MN Fall color -- makes me miss MN :)
SavageCoco said... (10/7/12 6:19 PM) Reply
PERFECT FIT. The backside is fitting exactly like it's supposed to. Your pants are Absolutley Fab and gorgeous workmanship!
cleverkitty said... (10/7/12 3:34 PM) Reply
Barb these look Terrific, the pockets came out reliable and beautiful with your tutorial. The fabric is so perfect giving them a flawless look with the help of your great figure :) All that kayaking you did this past summer did a body good. Love the Fall leaves, Ohio is not there yet.
sew2little said... (10/7/12 3:22 PM) Reply
These look great on you, Barb. Another successful project!
Merche said... (10/7/12 12:46 PM) Reply
So professional and the fit is, well, perfect!
TJSEWS said... (4/3/12 3:57 PM) Reply
Your pants are so professional looking and they fit wonderfully! I feel the same way about pockets - I must have them on the back! Thanks for a great review and for the links to the HP menswear waistband - I always wanted to know how to do those.
Memaddiemike said... (4/2/12 11:43 PM) Reply
Your reviews are always appreciated...so helpful with the details...the illustration of your fitting adjustments is genius! Hope you enjoy your stylish and well-made pants!
seemarysew said... (4/1/12 7:25 PM) Reply
Your pants look really great! (And your top and quilt are beautiful, too!) Thanks sharing your tips! I have this pattern and I've been too chicken to try it. Now I *really* want to!
Raye Ann said... (4/1/12 4:40 PM) Reply
Wonderful pants! I failed so badly with this pattern a few years ago, but you make me want to try again!
cleverkitty said... (4/1/12 2:26 PM) Reply
These are BEAUTIFUL pants and the fit looks PERFECT, I love the menswear waisband idea thanks for the link, I want to make my next pair like that. Your pockets look RTW I agree about no placement for pockets on the pattern, the least they could have added was that, how hard would that be. Using menswear fabric for the pockets have me sold too, I need that for my next pair also... the Quilt? When did you whip that up? between your last post and these pants? before or after walking, working, sleeping...my goodness Barb no wonder your a Skinny Minnie :)
JOshiro said... (4/1/12 2:13 PM) Reply
I think you achieved wonderful fit on these. Thanks for the detailed review!
Sue Parrott said... (4/1/12 1:43 PM) Reply
Great fit! I love the insides and how RTW these look. Great job!
Dynamo said... (4/1/12 1:40 PM) Reply
I agree with everyone else. These look super. Make more! Thanks for posting the video.
chenille said... (4/1/12 1:33 PM) Reply
These look great! Congrats, and thanks for the details on fit and construction.
khurl said... (4/1/12 12:33 PM) Reply
no!! THEY ARE NOT TOO TIGHT!! You did a wonderful job and they look amazing! Now make 10 more just like them!
BexInMD said... (4/1/12 11:28 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the tips. Your pants look very well fitted. I am a fan of the contour waistband, and you've inspired me to try this pattern.
fauxgetaboutit said... (4/1/12 11:20 AM) Reply
What a great detailed review! So helpful! And your attention to detail shows in the quality of these trousers. They fit perfectly especially since your fabric has some stretch. And I love the quilt too! Great color choices!
Wino said... (4/1/12 11:09 AM) Reply
Great fit! The interior finishing is beautiful.
yogaa said... (4/1/12 10:15 AM) Reply
Great pants, both outside and inside. Thank you for posting the picture of your adjustmenst. Love the quilt too.
Kathy7661 said... (4/1/12 8:56 AM) Reply
Very nice. Great job and great review.
Elke said... (4/1/12 7:11 AM) Reply
These pants look fabulous on you...the fit is perfect! Thanks for the great review.
KyleQC said... (4/1/12 6:32 AM) Reply
These pants look great! And the diagram showing the fit adjustments is so clear and helpful. Thanks!
pdiddly said... (4/1/12 3:26 AM) Reply
I agree with everyone else - they look great on you
marec said... (4/1/12 0:55 AM) Reply
Barb, these are so lovely on you. They are just the right amount of tight. You look great in the whole outfit, and that quilt is nice too.
Barbara V said... (3/31/12 10:35 PM) Reply
Great job for a really nice fit. Those fitting adjustments make all the difference. I think I bought this pattern during one of the sales. I must give this one a try. Your top is cute too and the quilt - really pretty!
Amanda.Claire said... (3/31/12 10:14 PM) Reply
Wow, you did a great job on the pants and the quilt!!
ArtAttack said... (3/31/12 10:12 PM) Reply
Not tight...perfection! I agree on the 1" seam allowances...they are sort of a nuisance. I've gotten to where I just cut a smaller size. Great pants!
Jrhee said... (3/31/12 9:35 PM) Reply
I think these look super, and I will check out this pattern for sure. (Love your quilt too!)
kjcaron said... (3/31/12 9:22 PM) Reply
I don't think they're too tight at all. They look great! I love how neat they look inside!! I wish the insides of my projects looked like that!

Fanny Pack or Purse