Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Pleated Pia Top (Pleated Pia Top)

Reviewed by:Robin Denning

About Robin Denningstar
MD USA
Member since: 6/24/04
Posted on:4/2/12 3:49 PM
Last Updated:4/6/12 6:56 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
Lou05 said... (2/16/14 1:42 PM) Reply
Love your finished top. It's very flattering and professional. Thanks for all the good info you always put in your reviews & blog. It really helps. Just curious, why do you choose size by the back when the front usually has more style features that could be harder to modify?
CarolynGM said... (4/8/12 7:37 AM) Reply
Great top, especially the snug-fitting neckline. I think I need to try this pattern.
bevlin said... (4/6/12 12:01 PM) Reply
Cute top ! I just ordered my first Style ARc pattern, am anixious to give it a try.
SewWil said... (4/6/12 10:22 AM) Reply
Lovely top!
jlg said... (4/6/12 9:21 AM) Reply
Love this top. Great adjustments to the pattern.
Dilliander said... (4/6/12 7:43 AM) Reply
Thanks for the update and tutorial Robin. I was happy with the neckline as drafted but find the weight of the pleats tends to lower it slightly when worn. I was thinking about using clear elastic to give some support to the neckline in my next top, but instead will try raising the neckline as you describe. The two I've made so far are staples in my wardrobe, its such a comfy top!
Christas said... (4/6/12 7:15 AM) Reply
Really nice! I love your fabric choice, too.
cindyann said... (4/3/12 2:01 PM) Reply
Cute!
Robin Denning said... (4/3/12 11:50 AM) Reply
Mary Heckman, yes the shipping is expensive, there is no way to sugar coat that fact. And they don't have any US distributors that I am aware of. But I got hooked when their pants pattern fit me with only a minor alteration. Dillianfder and strongnow, I will post an update as soon as I have time to make a little tutorial. thanks everyone!!
Bonnie O said... (4/3/12 10:07 AM) Reply
Very cute top, Robin!
strongnow said... (4/3/12 7:59 AM) Reply
I would also be interested in how you raised the neckline. I like the StyleArc fit, but as a relative newcomer I need help with adjusting or restyling patterns. Thank you for this review. I look forward to your next review.
Mary Heckman said... (4/3/12 7:08 AM) Reply
I think you did a great job. I was just looking at these patterns yesterday, but when I found out how much shipping was I stopped. Did you have to pay tons for shipping to the United States or did you find a local distributor? This company is new to me and I found many patterns I would love to try, especially the free pattern this month from Style Arc with purchase
Danvillegirl said... (4/3/12 6:52 AM) Reply
Like this top and fits you well
Knitz said... (4/2/12 11:35 PM) Reply
Another nice one!
meggy said... (4/2/12 8:48 PM) Reply
Yes, congrats on the Robin Top, very exciting. This one looks great too.
Dilliander said... (4/2/12 5:25 PM) Reply
Looks lovely Robin. i'd be interested to see how you raised the neckline, it's a great fit. Also congratulations on the StyleArc Robin Top, what a honour.
RadarRadiance said... (4/2/12 4:04 PM) Reply
Very cute on you especially with your choice of fabric. Love the "no gap" neckline! Very cute.
JEF said... (4/2/12 3:54 PM) Reply
Love it. This one is in my queue - yours is really nice looking.

by: ButtonFait...

No Pattern Used No Pattern Used

by: AmberSage

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

ZIPPERS - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford