Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1819 (Misses Costume)

Reviewed by:BankOfMom

About BankOfMom
TX USA
Member since: 4/4/11
Posted on:4/3/12 12:47 PM
Last Updated:4/3/12 12:51 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
jakrum421 said... (11/14/12 12:07 PM) Reply
I'm working on this pattern now. I had to laugh when I saw your photo as I'm using almost the same colors. One little pattern flaw that I've already discovered is that it calls for a 9" zipper and a 7" zipper would've fit much better.
sophie2000 said... (10/13/12 1:54 AM) Reply
Have you redone the waist yet? Could you post some more pictures? I'm attempting to make this costume now, and having a heck of a time. I just think the instructions are awful and so incomplete.
JNormann said... (8/12/12 7:17 PM) Reply
I wish I had read the review before just blithely going ahead with the thought that something was wrong but they ought to know what they were doing... the shell top for under the corset has incorrect directions and if I'd just stopped to use my head, I would have realized that. I wish that Simplicity would reimburse me for the fabric that I just ruined, seeing as I used a lock stitch and removed the seam selvages.
BankOfMom said... (4/10/12 1:21 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comments! I'll post some updated images after I re-do the waistband. Regarding the yardage on the bustle, my fabric was 60" (pattern calls for 45") and I bought 5 yards for both the bustle and front swag and have more than a yard left over (even after using the same fabric for the flounce on the bolero).
MellyDuckie said... (4/8/12 9:53 PM) Reply
Could you provide a photo of the back of the garment? Do you have an estimate about how much yardage goes into the bustle? Thanks.
piffle said... (4/7/12 9:07 AM) Reply
This is such a cool pattern. Nice job!
ghijsmom said... (4/4/12 7:03 AM) Reply
That's quite the outfit. Looks like a lot of work, but the end result is, I want to say neat, cool. I expect those are old-fashioned words. At any rate, I like it.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

Lekala Patterns 4042

by: Jstarr4250

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Islander Sewing Systems Cape D Elegance Paper Pattern