Pattern Reviews> Suitability> 6500 (Side Saddle Apron)

Reviewed by:CMMinABQ

About CMMinABQ
NM USA
Member since: 12/16/07
Posted on:4/4/12 1:41 PM
Last Updated:4/4/12 1:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
SevenStrayCats said... (5/29/13 11:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful job. I love your outfit (costume?) in the photo. I used to ride sidesaddle, will have to get this pattern if I ride aside again. I love your jacket too. If you don't mind my asking, what pattern did you use for the jacket?
betsey said... (4/17/12 2:24 PM) Reply
thank you for the review--i'm about to embark on making the driving skirt--youre review is really helpful!
merteuil said... (4/9/12 4:44 AM) Reply
Thanks for a very interesting review. Your apron looks very neat. I used to ride side saddle, and never found a pattern for one of these aprons (and never managed to draft one that would hang properly) Now I'll know where to look.
tsedai said... (4/5/12 11:39 AM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful review! I do a lot of sewing for skaters, but recently had some requests to do western-wear with a SuitAbility pattern for a friend. Though I won't be using this exact pattern, any reviews for this company are helpful! I will totally plan on doing a muslin for the friend first. Also, your sidesaddle outfit looks great!
FreyaStark said... (4/5/12 2:36 AM) Reply
A useful and interesting review, and thanks for drawing attention to this pattern. I will know where to go if ever I decide to try riding a camel side saddle rather than astride.
Sarsez said... (4/5/12 1:21 AM) Reply
Very comprehensive review! I have never ridden side saddle either but found it interesting to read your review and all of the considerations needed for garments to ride side saddle in.
marec said... (4/5/12 0:01 AM) Reply
What an interesting and informative review. I don't ride sidesaddle but love anything to do with horses. FYI-left side=near side because that is the side we normally work, and mount from. Is this you riding? beautiful horse.

Violette Field Threads Stella