Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5495 (Misses' Top)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar

Best Patterns of 2010
Posted on:4/5/12 8:48 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Rebecca H said... (7/15/15 8:45 PM) Reply
Gourgeous shawl with that dress!!! So nice to meet another fellow knitter AND sewist!!! I am getting ready to make this pattern, now I have to think about a shawl to go with it...
gl12547 said... (5/23/12 10:23 PM) Reply
Your color choice is excellent, and I love your scarf.
callmeRuth said... (5/21/12 12:00 PM) Reply
Love, love, love, both the dress and shawl. Beautiful!!!!
Annette1 said... (4/30/12 10:13 PM) Reply
WELL, Miss Priss, it's about time I'm seeing some reviews from you! (OKAY, I'm the one who's been slacking off on my PR-ing, but I'm going through all my "favorites" and trying to catch up. That being said, what a GORGEOUS dress on you. These lively colors are pefect on you. :o) I love it with the shawl, too. Don't tell me you play the piano, along with all your OTHER talents.
Mahogany Stylist said... (4/25/12 3:34 PM) Reply
Excellent! You look splendid. The fabric is festive and bright. I will definitely try your sway back solution when I make similar tops and dresses.
Mahogany Stylist said... (4/25/12 3:33 PM) Reply
Excellent! You look splendid. The fabric is festive and bright.
VirginiasDghter said... (4/8/12 3:59 PM) Reply
Oh my what a great idea to make this top into a dress. Love, love your fabric choice! Brilliant!
Jrhee said... (4/8/12 2:45 AM) Reply
Wonderful work! I love the dress, and the shawl is perfect for it. (and your home is lovely too!)
whistlin dixie said... (4/6/12 11:38 PM) Reply
Very nice dress, so flattering on you! And your shawl is gorgeous. I'm a knitter, too, so I appreciate your fine work on it.
nellc said... (4/6/12 12:32 PM) Reply
Great dress, your fabric is lovely and the shawl works perfectly with it.
Barbara V said... (4/6/12 12:01 PM) Reply
Thank you all for your comments! ssssdeb - thank you for asking this question. I completely forgot to mention this adjustment. I raised the front point by 1 1/2 inches. This was marked on the pattern which then changed the fold line to 1/2 inch wider. This suited me just fine to have 1/2 inch more on each side of the neck edge. So finally, then I added 1/2 inch to the back neck edge. Hope this is helpful :-)
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (4/6/12 11:51 AM) Reply
The fabric is from Jo-Ann's! Wow. It's stunning. I had no idea. Perhaps I should shop there more....And your knitting. Beautiful.
ssssdeb said... (4/6/12 11:44 AM) Reply
How did you change the neckline on front? Yours looks much higher than the pattern picture. Just curious.
annie11 said... (4/6/12 9:41 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! I have yet to try this pattern, and I think you have inspired me to dig it out this weekend!
AuntieShel said... (4/6/12 9:02 AM) Reply
Wow!! Beautiful dress, gorgeous shawl, inspiring outfit!!
halleyscomet said... (4/6/12 8:39 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress!
Ripple Dandelion said... (4/6/12 7:04 AM) Reply
I love seeing your photos and reviews because you have such a talent for choosing colors and shapes that suit you perfectly. I have similar coloring and you always give me ideas for the types of combinations that could work for me! This dress is gorgeous.
FreyaStark said... (4/6/12 6:51 AM) Reply
Both dress and shawl are fabulous. They make a great pair, and they look great on you.
pdiddly said... (4/6/12 3:42 AM) Reply
wonderful looking dress conversion - love the shawl too
tryinghard said... (4/6/12 1:34 AM) Reply
Looks lovely. Suits you :)
ArtAttack said... (4/6/12 1:07 AM) Reply
This looks great as a dress...beautiful on you!
beth5646 said... (4/6/12 0:47 AM) Reply
Everything about your dress and shawl is absolutely gorgeous, Looks beautiful on you . I love it.
Scheri said... (4/5/12 11:36 PM) Reply
Very pretty
EliseMarie said... (4/5/12 11:18 PM) Reply
Simply lovely! Great job. You look beautiful in your dress.
DorothyK said... (4/5/12 11:02 PM) Reply
Beautiful - both the dress and the shawl. Perfect colors, perfect fit.
SewWil said... (4/5/12 10:46 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress. The colors are wonderful. Love your shawl. Beautiful work!
Ann Smith said... (4/5/12 10:41 PM) Reply
Great colors for you. The elastic in the back really makes it work for you. And the shawl is gorgeous.
Christas said... (4/5/12 10:22 PM) Reply
Ooooh, how very pretty! You look wonderful in it and the shawl adds such a nice touch. I'm so glad to see you sewing again. I've missed your reviews so much!
Elke said... (4/5/12 10:00 PM) Reply
Both the dress and shawl are lovely on you!
lorrwill said... (4/5/12 9:47 PM) Reply
Brilliant. You just made me realize that this would be a great pattern to knock off that infamous blue engagement dress from a few years back.
Kathy7661 said... (4/5/12 9:12 PM) Reply
Your dress and shawl are very pretty. They look great together.
Dynamo said... (4/5/12 9:05 PM) Reply
The colours of this dress look fab on you!
jlg said... (4/5/12 8:56 PM) Reply