Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 550 (Cowl Neck blouse)

Reviewed by:ssssdeb

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Alice C said... (7/19/14 2:26 PM) Reply
Sorry you had such issues FrammaJoy, the pattern envelope does state two buttons for long sleeves, I have only made the sleeveless version, so not sure how long sleeves would work on me, hope you were able to end up with a wearable garment
FrammaJoy said... (1/6/14 9:11 PM) Reply
I ALWAYS have problems with Silhouette pattern instructions and illustrations. I just finished this blouse today. Will do a review soon. I had NO IDEA this pattern had a button in the sleeve. It isn't on the envelope picture or in the line drawing. The sleeve in the drawing on the back is NOTHING AT ALL like the sleeve in the envelope. INFURIATING! I spent hours and hours today trying to make the gigantic sleeve in this pattern look half-way presentable. I could have sewn the sleeves together and made PANTS!
Alice C said... (4/22/13 1:50 AM) Reply
Your end product looks great! I watched a Silhouette Patterns webcast before making this blouse - the suggestion was made when using a knit, to stabilize the back neckline with bias tape or ribbon, so it will not stretch. I used clear elastic, turned out nice, hope this helps!
gneebee said... (9/3/12 0:21 AM) Reply
This looks amazing on you! You are so tiny, no wonder you had to make changes. Fabulous look and great sewing.
cocosloft said... (8/17/12 8:00 AM) Reply
Really good looking top!
Lori V said... (8/17/12 7:07 AM) Reply
Even though it was a struggle, the top looks fantastic on you.
CynthiaSue said... (8/17/12 2:56 AM) Reply
It does look really good on you!!!
21wale said... (8/16/12 8:46 PM) Reply
Too bad about the drafting, but your end product is very pretty.
GoodbyeValntino said... (8/16/12 7:15 PM) Reply
Even though it's not what you planned, I love the drapey neck!
Christas said... (8/16/12 6:35 PM) Reply
Well, now it's a really cute basic that you will be able to wear with many things. Great save. We must be related! I just made the very same adjustment (the very same way) to a top with a humongous neckline.