Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2444 (Project Runway)

Reviewed by:bhadom

About bhadomstar
ID USA
Member since: 3/5/12
Posted on:4/9/12 0:21 AM
Last Updated:4/9/12 0:52 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

bhadom said... (1/23/13 10:27 AM) Reply
Thank you for all the wonderful comments! Now I'm thinking about making this again with a collar. I have taken off 30 pounds since I made the one in the photo, so it will be back to the drawing board with fitting. Not my favorite part of sewing but really the most important part. This one has gone to the consignment shop, LOL.
MissMaddiePi said... (1/15/13 7:33 AM) Reply
Gorgeous all the way around! When I saw your photo, my inner voice chirped "I'd find that picture if I looked up "pretty" in the dictionary!" (The sound and word choice of my inner chirp sounds more and more like my mother's - hey, at least it didn't say "Hmm... Did the hamper threw up on you again?":-) ) I'm loving that "pretty" is so in style, and you wear (and sew!) it so well. Thanks for starting to sew again; I was JUST about to cut this out in a beautiful dark green cotton sateen . . . Being new-ish to this sewing thing, I sincerely appreciate your thoughtful and informative review. I'm 100% sold on the waist stay; and had planned to add 1/2" horsehair braid to the hem - never thought to use bias tape instead for a similar effect . . . Now I'm inspired and off to my cutting mat!
grays08 said... (4/13/12 5:50 PM) Reply
I'm smiling because I've had my eye on that same fabric at Hancocks for awhile now! You did it justice with this dress. You look gorgeous in your dress, and it turned out beautifully!
Hilary said... (4/11/12 10:14 AM) Reply
Your dress turned out beautifully and you look gorgeous in it! Welcome back to sewing!! Amazing, it doesn't look like you had a 30 year break :o)
ghijsmom said... (4/11/12 8:24 AM) Reply
Your dress is very pretty and looks wonderful on you!
MNBarb said... (4/10/12 11:39 AM) Reply
What caught my eye on the thumbnail is the perfect fit you achieved with this pattern. It looks perfect and whatever you see at the neckline isn't obvious. A great review, especially for your first! I'll just warn you, the return to sewing is a very addicting thing. Am looking forward to more reviews from you! Great job!
bhadom said... (4/9/12 2:54 PM) Reply
Wow, thank you all! 14 comments on my very first review. I'm so flattered and inspired to move on to the next garment!
zoe said... (4/9/12 12:28 PM) Reply
Beautiful spring dress!
pamscott said... (4/9/12 12:25 PM) Reply
You look wonderful in that dress, and I love your fabric choice. The fit looks perfect. Well done.
hme75 said... (4/9/12 10:43 AM) Reply
What a beautiful, well fitting dress! I think you would look fabulous in a Mad Men look. Have fun!
Scheri said... (4/9/12 9:16 AM) Reply
You look fantastic in this dress.
Elemenopeo said... (4/9/12 8:12 AM) Reply
so pretty
VirginiasDghter said... (4/9/12 7:38 AM) Reply
Such a lovely dress. I love the weight of sateen fabric. It hangs very well. Looks great on you!
EliseMarie said... (4/9/12 7:38 AM) Reply
Very pretty Easter dress. I have been thinking about purchasing this pattern. Thanks for the review!
prttynpnk said... (4/9/12 7:24 AM) Reply
Lovely work, can't wait to see what's next!
Ripple Dandelion said... (4/9/12 7:18 AM) Reply
I'm so jealous that you made such a lovely dress after so many years away from dressmaking! You definitely need to keep sewing clothes, because you are obviously very good at it.
QueenZ said... (4/9/12 6:46 AM) Reply
Nice, well done!
jlg said... (4/9/12 6:04 AM) Reply
This is so pretty, and it fits you perfectly.
Cynbular said... (4/9/12 3:39 AM) Reply
I love this pattern! You look beautiful!
marec said... (4/9/12 0:55 AM) Reply
What a wonderful review, and it is your first one for PR. I love the dress, and the fit is really good. Welcome.
SewWil said... (4/9/12 0:32 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! I can see why you received many compliments. It looks great on you.

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

StyleArc Twiggy Dress