Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1277 (Misses Reversible Jacket)

Reviewed by:arianamaniacs

About arianamaniacsstarstarstarstar
Austria
Member since: 6/11/04
Posted on:4/9/12 7:52 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Tina Rathbone said... (2/13/13 4:26 AM) Reply
OOOh! Bought this one on recent sale but love!!! your ties. Also, did you use the same type of fabrics for each, i.e., all wools, or all cottons, or all ...etc? If so, which did you use? I just may make this! Great review!!!
fourkid said... (6/18/12 11:11 AM) Reply
Great review. Love the fabric choices. I like it so much better with the back tie!
Annie P said... (4/13/12 4:05 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I have this pattern and was thinking of making it sometime. I'll have to think about it a bit more. That said, your mother's coat is really lovely and you did a beautiful job. I think it is one of those clothes that grow on you the more you wear it.
CSY said... (4/10/12 11:42 PM) Reply
Your jacket is a WOW! Even with the issues you mention. Great review. Thank you.
Baba Yaga said... (4/10/12 11:19 AM) Reply
This is an exceptionally good review. I appreciate your comments on the structure of the jacket and how it feels to wear it - your reflections and the amount of detail you offer are a big help.
pdiddly said... (4/10/12 11:06 AM) Reply
wonderful to see another review on the jacket, because I was inspired by others and bought the pattern. Great rendition of the jacket - well made.
Karine said... (4/10/12 9:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful job - your fabric choices are lovely and your workmanship superb. I hope the style grows on your mom - it would be a shame if she doesn't wear it.
Ann Smith said... (4/9/12 2:22 PM) Reply
It really is a big fabric hog. Fortunately for me, when I made it I was using large stash pieces. Personally I like the swing jacket shape and the asymmetry but I know it is not for everyone. The labeling of the pattern pieces is confusing but you have helpful advice to deal with that. Your fabric choices are beautiful together.
Aroura said... (4/9/12 11:31 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful "art to wear" piece, lucky mom! Good idea to add teh back ties to make it less shapeless. Those curvy shapes do like like serious fabric hogs...but beautiful result. Sorry the fit and collar are so off. :(
mastdenman said... (4/9/12 10:02 AM) Reply
I love the jacket. The ties do make it look nicer from the back. Maybe your mom will get used to the asymetrical design part. It really is beautiful.
Marge99 said... (4/9/12 8:56 AM) Reply
I like the ties and the fabrics look lovely together.
prttynpnk said... (4/9/12 8:28 AM) Reply
Beautiful art piece. I like the ties, too.
Nancy Rhodes said... (4/9/12 8:24 AM) Reply
OH it is so beautiful... love the swirly-ness and contrast outlining... maybe some drapery weights on the side that wants to ride up? I think it is lovely...
lcdrbetty said... (4/9/12 8:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric choices, & love the overall look! Too bad about the "tugging" issues. I hate feeling like the garment pulls back. Gret review!

Other My Childhood Treasures