Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2890 (MISSES' DRESS AND DETACHABLE SHRUG)

Reviewed by:knitsewmuch

About knitsewmuchstar
VA United States
Member since: 10/31/08
Posted on:4/28/12 1:09 AM
Last Updated:3/10/14 11:17 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
Millersquared said... (5/29/14 5:51 PM) Reply
misshollywood17 said... (3/14/14 1:46 AM) Reply
I got a little choked up reading this until the end. Absolutely gorgeoud. Your daughter is so lucky to have a mother like you, and I applaud you for having her be part of the process so that she can really appreciate how much work goes into it. She should be proud as well as you. Absolutely AMAZING!
carolynw said... (3/13/14 7:03 PM) Reply
I can well understand th e"WOW" as she went by - absolutely beautiful dress - the colour is wonderful and your daughter is so beautiful! Great work
Kendrasewsindetroit said... (3/12/14 2:05 PM) Reply
I have to say, you hit a home run! It looks perfect! Your daughter is one fortunate baby! I'm sure she must have been very proud to say that her mom made her gown especially for her. Great job, mom;)
ggf2005 said... (3/12/14 0:31 AM) Reply
well you've done it now....she's going to have you making her suits for work and her wedding gown...wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world. exquisite.
Lagolden2 said... (3/11/14 2:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, color,and fabric. It is so important to read the instructions and I am glad you emphasized hand sewing- basting- it can tedious but so so necessary. This prom dress is super- Well done.
CathrynR said... (3/11/14 12:50 PM) Reply
And I repeat, WOW, excellent job. The dress and your daughter look absolutely lovely.
Baja Susana said... (3/11/14 9:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, beautiful daughter! The color is perfect for her, as is the dress. Loved your review.
alpenrose said... (3/11/14 0:03 AM) Reply
OH MOM!! YOU did just great ! :-)
sfgb said... (4/17/13 11:31 AM) Reply
Your daughter is gorgeous and so is the dress! You did a magnificent job.
MadeInHisImage said... (11/12/12 9:21 PM) Reply
Mufffet said... (5/31/12 8:18 PM) Reply
This is lovely - the style and color are fabulous and the fit - well you did a fantastic job! :)
momma2many said... (5/9/12 8:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review my son is engaged and my future daughter in law has picked this out as a wedding dress your daughter is lovely btw
VirginiasDghter said... (5/5/12 3:51 PM) Reply
This dress is perfect on your daughter! She's got great taste and you have the skills to match! Enjoyed reading your review!
ImSewMom said... (5/5/12 11:29 AM) Reply
catalak said... (5/3/12 7:41 PM) Reply
Your daughter and her gown are stunning!
salsera7 said... (5/3/12 3:50 PM) Reply
You and your daughter did an absolutely wonderful job. Nothing like teamwork and the style and color suits her so well.
slmstyle said... (5/3/12 12:12 PM) Reply
Gorgeous, both the gown and your daughter in it! I always wondered how complicated this pattern design would be. Thanks for breaking it down into what seems to be fairly understandable and manageable steps.
Levone said... (5/3/12 11:23 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! You wouldn't have been able to find one as perfect for her as this one in the stores.
Dmd4106 said... (5/3/12 9:01 AM) Reply
ryan's mom said... (5/3/12 6:40 AM) Reply
Very beautiful!
ChristineX said... (5/2/12 4:14 PM) Reply
That is just gorgeous! I love the color, it is one I would wear too.
CCQ said... (5/2/12 1:53 PM) Reply
Beautiful and what a great memory both you will have of the joint effort of creating a one-of-a kind prom dress.
norie creates said... (5/2/12 1:49 PM) Reply
What a beautiful ending to your review! What we won't due for our kids right? She looks amazing and I can feel your pride in making her night so special!
piffle said... (5/2/12 1:20 PM) Reply
simply stunning! What a lucky daughter you have!
ggf2005 said... (5/2/12 12:40 PM) Reply
Inspirational! Beautiful! I have two weeks to make my DD's dress...her own design and I hope we live to tell the tale!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (5/2/12 7:31 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh the dress is so gorgeous as is your daughter in it, no wonder she received so many compliments.
Mazzygirl said... (5/2/12 4:56 AM) Reply
I love this pattern & your daughter looks absolutely stunning in that colour! Beautifully made & well deserving of hte praise she got!
QueenZ said... (5/2/12 2:38 AM) Reply
I enjoy reading your beautiful story with a beautiful ending. Well done!
brandywine said... (5/2/12 2:26 AM) Reply
A stunning dress on a stunning girl, no wonder people said 'wow'. You should be super proud!
nightowlgal said... (5/2/12 1:43 AM) Reply
That's a gorgeous prom dress! And I'm impressed that your daughter participated a little in its creation -- mine doesn't even like to be fitted!
Barbara V said... (5/2/12 0:56 AM) Reply
What a lovely Mother/Daughter story. This is a masterpiece! You did an amazing job. Your daughter looks so feminine and beautiful in it.
almost said... (5/2/12 0:44 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress and it looks stunning on your daughter.....must have made for a memorable prom!
sewbarbie said... (5/2/12 0:16 AM) Reply
"Wow" is an understatement.
magpie57 said... (5/1/12 11:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful all round and a great review. I both chuckled and held my breath as you got down to the wire!
valkyrie01 said... (5/1/12 11:50 PM) Reply
An absolute stunner! :)
carolinablue said... (5/1/12 11:47 PM) Reply
I agree with the other reviews....absolutely a beautiful dress for a beautiful girl
khall said... (5/1/12 11:40 PM) Reply
Best prom dress EVER!!! Gorgeous daughter!!!
cmcarr said... (5/1/12 11:33 PM) Reply
Dilliander said... (5/1/12 11:14 PM) Reply
Yes, that is a "wow" dress, your daughter looks beautiful.
Irishandmore said... (4/30/12 9:53 AM) Reply
:-) It turned out beautiful. Love that color!
PrincessBinky said... (4/29/12 4:24 AM) Reply
ChristmasHills said... (4/29/12 2:00 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning dress, and your daughter's happiness shows in the photograph.
misslydia said... (4/29/12 1:22 AM) Reply
amazing job. So beautiful. You are to be congratulated.
psm484 said... (4/28/12 11:57 PM) Reply
Gorgeous daughter! Gorgeous dress!
Lovin To Stitch said... (4/28/12 11:15 PM) Reply
How beautiful……both daughter and gown! Great job!
VogueMistress said... (4/28/12 10:56 PM) Reply
How beautiful is that?
Danmar said... (4/28/12 12:28 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Can't wait to see her in it!
kimmielovesparis said... (4/28/12 10:32 AM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful. Love the colour.
knitsewmuch said... (4/28/12 1:20 AM) Reply
MareeH, I did not find the pattern to be difficult. Just take your time and I'm sure you will be pleased with the result. I know I am.
MareeH said... (4/23/12 8:54 PM) Reply
Following your progress carefully as my daughter has just decided on this dress too. Just a little terrified about embarking on this one but you're encouraging me to give it a go.
The Technique of Underlining Garments