Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 9902 (oop blouses)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:7/18/02 10:42 PM
Last Updated:4/11/04 2:20 PM

Nikki said... (4/11/04 8:09 PM) Reply
minieme, I found the cufflinks a few years ago from inthecuff.com; I don't know if they still carry them or not. But you can make your own cufflinks out of buttons, either with the cufflink studs or by using two buttons tied together with a thread tack.
minieme said... (4/11/04 6:36 PM) Reply
Ooooh I love the cats! Where did you find those cuff links?
said... (7/19/02 10:59 AM) Reply
Thanks Elona, based on that information, maybe I should go up two sizes! Skymom, the sleeves have a high cap. I actually used some cotton muslin for interfacing on the silk shirt. I was a bit afraid it might be too heavy, but I am satisfied with the result. I haven't used silk enough yet to have decided what kind of interfacing I like best.
said... (7/19/02 10:39 AM) Reply
Elona, that's great information! Thanks. Nikki, were the sleeves on this shirt like a blouse sleeve (high cap) or more like a men's shirt (low, wide cap)? I've had this pattern in my stash for a while and just haven't gotten around to making it yet. My strategy when trying a new shirt pattern is like yours: use a patterned, 100% cotton fabric--it's easiest to work with, so you can tell if the pattern pieces go together nicely. Congratulations on taking the big step to using the silk. What did you interface with in the silk version?
said... (7/19/02 4:07 AM) Reply
Nikki, a few years ago, I phoned Vogue to find out what their standard neck measurements were , since it's not covered in their measurement charts (as far as I know, only Burda includes the neck!). Here's what I was told their standards are, taken at the base of the neck: Size 10=14.5 inches. Size 12=14.75 inches. Size 14=15 inches. Size 16=15.25 inches.

Burda 7127