Pattern Reviews> Butterick> BV6859 (1950s Tripple Tiered Skirt)

Review submitted in Vintage Contest Contest

Last Updated:4/16/12 3:51 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Other Projects by Oceanpeg using this Pattern

Heatherrique said... (5/6/12 0:45 AM) Reply
What a stunning swing skirt! Very nice work!
Oceanpeg said... (4/24/12 0:24 AM) Reply
Thanks Margaret & Cherie. One of my 2 cats always seem to find their way into my photos. Especially when its an item I made up and taking photos of it... :)
StudioCherie said... (4/23/12 0:40 AM) Reply
terrific entry. The skirt looks great on you!
Margaret said... (4/22/12 4:44 PM) Reply
This looks like such a fun skirt! Must have been a lot to hem though! Love the rickrack (and the cat pics too :)
Oceanpeg said... (4/22/12 2:11 PM) Reply
Thanks Peter.
Peter in NYC said... (4/19/12 7:18 PM) Reply
Great looking skirt! Excellent fabric choice.
Oceanpeg said... (4/18/12 6:02 PM) Reply
Thanks petro.
petro said... (4/17/12 8:29 AM) Reply
I've been following the progress on the skirt, and now its finished! It looks great.
Oceanpeg said... (4/17/12 1:33 AM) Reply
Thanks Renren. Went out to dinner wearing my pink swing skirt on Monday evening with a group of ladies and got a lot of compliments on it. Wore it just like in the photos, without any extra under garments. It really and definitely is for street wear and not just for special occassions and special events related to the 50's. The 50's dance was sold out, so didn't get a ticket to go to it, wearing my swing skirt this coming weekend. Have worn my other skirts, this same style, to many of our monthly meetings etc., at our clubhouse and elsewhere without the extra undergarments, too. This style of skirt is almost identical to the recent broomstick skirts.
renren said... (4/15/12 11:59 AM) Reply
Oh, thanks for that detailed photostream. I read the caption to each photo and followed the process. I like how you zigzagged twice and how straight the stitching is AND how perfectly you pinned in those pleats. Good luck finishing this and I will be watching for the grand finale!
Oceanpeg said... (4/14/12 7:46 PM) Reply
If I wear it for line dancing or square dancing might do so. Can also wear this as an everyday skirt without the petticoat underneath it. Have several more of these hanging up in my closet. Used to wear this style of skirt for squaredancing back in the 1950s when in high school as well to school as a regular skirt.
magpie57 said... (4/14/12 2:16 PM) Reply
Will you put a petticoat under it? I expect that is why it is so full?

by: grays08