Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Self drafted pattern (Self drafted one shoulder tank)

Reviewed by:AlexaNJ

More Info provided by AlexaNJ

Pattern Rating:Great Wardrobe Builder
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Type:Tops
Fabric:Cotton  [See other projects in this fabric]
Pattern Description: I drafted a one shouldered tank top for myself

Fabric Used: Eyelet cotton trim, white cotton body, synthetic lining that I had in my stash

Conclusion: Years ago (we're talking like 2002), I found a woman on ebay selling a large portion of her closet in order to lead a more "simple life." One of the items was a one shouldered, white tank with eyelet trim. At that time, I was not sewing often, but knew I would be able to remake the blouse. I bought the material and it just sat in my closet for years.

Then, around 2007, I drafted the pattern, and sewed the lining and the exterior, but did not finish the top. I had since lost the picture from ebay (switched computers and didn't know where the electronic file was located, lost the print out I had done, etc). I made good progress, but life just happened and I put it back in my craft closet.

I originally wanted to do lacing up the sides, but during a trip to Mood and other fabric stores in the summer of 2010 (for buying fabric and notions for OTHER projects), I bought nice white buttons to use instead.

A few weeks ago, I just felt the NEED to finish this top. And, I did it!

Sadly, at this point (4.16.12) the only photo I have of it is while it is still unfinished and on the mannequin (but I wanted to make a page for it here on Pattern Review, or that wouldn't have happened for a for more years knowing my track record!)

I added darts to the blouse, and there is facing on the one armhole. Since white cotton can be see through, the entire blouse is lined with some white lining fabric I had in my stash. The bottom hem is (now) machine stitched, and there are six white buttons up the left side that close with elastic loops.

I really don't remember if it looks similar to the original ebay blouse at this point, but I don't even care. I'm just proud of myself for liking a shirt, and making my own version!

(I'll post pictures of me wearing the blouse asap!!)

khurtdvm said... (4/17/12 11:18 PM) Reply
Looks really cute!
ImListening said... (4/17/12 6:01 PM) Reply
Very nice. I wonder if you've been bitten by the pattern making bug. This top turned out beautifully.
TJSEWS said... (4/16/12 3:40 PM) Reply
It's so pretty and feminine. Lovely!
Sweetsong said... (4/16/12 12:02 PM) Reply
That's a very sweet top; love the ruffle along the shoulder/front.

Islander Sewing Systems Youth Easy Shirt Paper Pattern