Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets
Vogue 7975 or Kwik Sew 3258">The Contemporary Couture Jacket Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8728 (Misses' Dress and Belt)

Reviewed by:redsilvia

About redsilviastar
Member since: 1/20/09
Posted on:4/16/12 3:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Accessories
Sewiing Sue said... (4/21/12 4:58 PM) Reply
this is great review. I like. The dress and read the review before looking at the pics. I thought the top would look like a peasant blouse but it doesn't at all. The fabric's pattern is lovely.
prttynpnk said... (4/20/12 4:19 PM) Reply
This is a great review, your details are really helpful, thanks! I hope you warm to this,it looks lovely.
Laurie Lou said... (4/17/12 3:23 PM) Reply
Very good review for this pattern and love your info on your neckline...which yours turned out perfect. I hear what you are saying about this pattern though...the milkmaid look. I suppose if it was made up in a very 40's type fabric and you wore it as Vintage it would work...on the other hand your fit is perfect. Thanks for a great review of a pattern I wanted to make but understand now why I might not. :)
MamaSewing said... (4/16/12 6:12 PM) Reply
Sorry to hear you don't like this too well, I know what you mean about gathers right under the bodice though. I think with the business of the fabric it isn't as noticeable to others as to yourself. This really does look like a very comfortable dress.
Christas said... (4/16/12 4:13 PM) Reply
I think the dress looks very nice on you. I hope it grows on you and doesn't end up in that donate pile, for it would be a shame. The dress fits you nicely and is figure flattering. Thanks for your very helpful review.

by: Monabel