Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5721 (Women's Shirt)

Reviewed by:Elaray

About Elaraystarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 4/20/05
Posted on:4/19/12 6:00 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
MapleCandy3 said... (6/5/12 10:27 PM) Reply
It looks like a great camping shirt! Thanks for the review, i am thinking about buying this pattern
Aunt Gail said... (4/28/12 1:54 AM) Reply
this is like the ULTIMATE classic Camp Shirt...simple, cottony, wonderful but plain match of buttons and excellent buttonholes. You did it!
lyndle said... (4/27/12 4:43 AM) Reply
Great review and good fit too! I've found heaps too much ease in the sleeve cap of lots of Butterick and vogue patterns, always wondered if I was just doing it wrong. Enjoy summer in your shirt!
brissie71 said... (4/22/12 3:27 PM) Reply
What a great basic! I'm envious of you not having to do any alterations. It seems lately that EVERYthing I attempt bogs me down in a never-ending spiral of alterations. Nearly puts me off sewing forever. It's interesting that you are trying to move away from Burda. It suits you so well, but, so, too, does this pattern. Thanks for sharing such a helpful review.
NC Carol said... (4/20/12 12:32 PM) Reply
Fits you beautifully. And I'm with you: I love camp shirts in the warmer weather.
Steffie said... (4/20/12 7:52 AM) Reply
Very good fitting shirt - thanks for the review.
mssewcrazy said... (4/20/12 7:42 AM) Reply
Love your shirt! I had to chuckle at the woman's pattern sizing remarks. I often wonder when all the slashing of patterns is going on if it wouldn't be better to just use a bigger pattern than adding 10 sizes to a misses one as I had been doing Lol! It's not like anyone knows what size pattern one is using anyway. I am trying a 1x sleeveless shell to test sew-I have to fill in the neck anyway so figured I'd embrace the D cup in the woman's pattern and get on with it. I am so buying this pattern you have sewn-great shirt.
tess said... (4/20/12 6:07 AM) Reply
Your shirt looks great! Forget the age thing there are plentyof "real women" around!
Heatherrique said... (4/19/12 9:15 PM) Reply
Not boring at all! Sleek and classic shirt with lots of versatility.
KathySews said... (4/19/12 9:08 PM) Reply
Great review. No alterations? wow. It looks great and I can see it made up in different fabrics for the summer. I must check out this pattern as well.

By Hand London Georgia Dress