Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans
JStern Womens Jeans and JStern Misses Jeans">Blueprints to Blue Jeans Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2012-126 (Seamed trousers)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
NA UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/27/05
Posted on:4/20/12 7:42 AM

Levone said... (4/21/12 9:42 PM) Reply
Great looking pants!
Elke said... (4/20/12 9:20 PM) Reply
Your pants look great on you and fit you perfectly. My sincere condolences to you on the loss of your gorgeous cat Bosco. I can see from the photos that he was truly a member of your family. I think the dark, dark brown fabric was a good choice!
becca a said... (4/20/12 5:10 PM) Reply
These are great pants! I think dark, dark brown like this is a fitting tribute to Bosco.
MNBarb said... (4/20/12 4:02 PM) Reply
You do so well with Burda pants. Are you telling me they fit like this as-is, no pattern adjustments? Well, I'm ENVIOUS! They look better than go-to-the-market pants to me. The shape and seaming flatter your figure.
Vintage Joan said... (4/20/12 1:07 PM) Reply
Hi -- I just noticed it actually says "jersey stretch aspect denim" -- so, you're right! This probably means one of those ultra-ultra stretchy denims, the kind that are so stretchy as to be annoying. :D But anyway, great pants, and I love the no-side-seams idea.
squirrellypoo said... (4/20/12 10:05 AM) Reply
Vintage Joan - thanks. regarding fabric, the other version of this in the mag was made in stretch gabardine, so my stretch cotton sateen should've been sufficient I'd think...
Vintage Joan said... (4/20/12 9:28 AM) Reply
First off, my deepest condolences on your loss of beautiful (stunningly beautiful!) little Bosco. Perhaps you can come to terms with the brown by telling yourself he (being that gorgeous dark brown) would have liked you to pick that color. ;) Your pants are fabulous, too -- that seaming is enough to really make me want to make these. The website description says "jersey stretch," so that may explain the fit -- maybe even really stretchy cotton wasn't stretchy enough? Sorry for the LONG reply -- but great pants, and thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures of Bosco. :) :)

by: FreyaStark