Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1803 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:prostheticsgirl

About prostheticsgirlstar
OH United States
Member since: 3/6/12
Posted on:5/9/12 6:46 PM
Last Updated:8/24/12 11:38 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

prostheticsgirl said... (8/26/12 10:44 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Cleverkitty, my mom couldn't understand why I call my dressform Dolly, since neither of us have much in regards to bust HAHA
cleverkitty said... (8/25/12 8:17 AM) Reply
prostheticsgirl your dress is so cute on you. What a great review you did on this pattern too. I hope you finish up the last details. Dolly is a perfect name for your dress form :)
zoe said... (8/24/12 6:36 PM) Reply
What a great, detailed review! I think the dress looks really good. I'm picturing it with flat, gold, strappy sandals. It's very cute, and you look lovely in it.
ShanniLoves said... (6/8/12 11:24 PM) Reply
I like how you cut along the size 6 line for the top of the front yoke facing to get a lower neckline. I think I'm going to do this on mine. On my muslin I didn't like how high up the neckline was. It felt like it was choking me.
imsewcrazy said... (5/25/12 6:14 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! I love your choice of fabric.
Christas said... (5/10/12 4:16 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress ..... such a lovely fabric choice! You've sewn it so nicely, too!
GoodbyeValntino said... (5/10/12 7:04 AM) Reply
I hope you'll finish the dress! Very nice.
jlg said... (5/10/12 5:34 AM) Reply
What a great dress.
Jrhee said... (5/9/12 11:11 PM) Reply
I love the neckline, and your cotton print.
Claverie said... (5/9/12 8:31 PM) Reply
it's so cute!
Redsmum said... (5/9/12 8:11 PM) Reply
I think if you threw on some funky/chunky red sandals you would eliminate the "50's housewife" look you fear. It's super cute!
Huntwoman said... (5/9/12 7:45 PM) Reply
Gorgeous results.
Dilliander said... (5/9/12 7:20 PM) Reply
Gosh, this is lovely, worth finishing!
sleonard said... (4/26/12 9:52 PM) Reply
Thanks! This saves me a lot of time. You explained it very clearly! Looking forward to seeing your dress!
prostheticsgirl said... (4/24/12 8:21 PM) Reply
Sleonard, I posted my steps for lining the bodice in the review for you. With the weird geometry it can be tough to visualize, so hope that helps!
sleonard said... (4/24/12 2:26 PM) Reply
Your comments followed my own conclusions exactly. I am making this pattern right now from some inexpensive cotton floral fabric I nabbed at WalMart (also not knowing then what I would use it for) and decided to line it with a batiste. For my first run at this pattern, I thought I would try to line it as best I can, although I have to really think through the yoke bit. I had concerns too about the tie being the fabric and blending in. I also thought about making it a solid. Perhaps I will do that and post a pic if I am courageous enough. Thanks for your thoughts on this pattern. I am anxious to see your end product!

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest