Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Knit Block (RTW inspired mixed fabric collage top)

Review submitted in Ready to Wear (RTW) Contest Contest
Reviewed by:Dilliander

About Dillianderstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 11/28/08
Posted on:4/23/12 9:49 PM
Last Updated:7/27/12 1:21 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 30 people
marec said... (7/27/12 9:49 PM) Reply
Your review has sparked a storm of creativity in me!! Gorgeous work Diliander.
Rebecca D said... (7/27/12 6:53 AM) Reply
Astonishing work, so beautiful and a wonderful review as well. Good luck in the contest.
chenille said... (7/27/12 3:36 AM) Reply
This is just amazing! Thanks so much for the detailed review. Wow!
Edris said... (5/31/12 1:54 PM) Reply
This is great! I have some scraps on my sewing table to be pieced together but I planned on winging it. I like your attention to detail and thank you for all the tips. I may be reconsidering my approach....Awesome job!
meggipeg said... (5/3/12 10:34 PM) Reply
This is really lovely. Good luck in the competition
Danmar said... (5/3/12 1:58 PM) Reply
I am feeling quite inadequate as I see your work and read your reviews! Wow! Well, I'll keep trying!
BettyMike said... (5/2/12 4:28 PM) Reply
Very nice review and a lovely top!
carolyn101 said... (5/2/12 1:11 AM) Reply
For fear of repeating the obvious... WOW!
treefrog said... (5/1/12 6:07 PM) Reply
Fantastic. You have a real flair for combining fabrics. Thanks for the detailed information on how you drafted it - very inspiring.
portercs said... (4/30/12 9:08 PM) Reply
I love your top! Great job!!!!
ConnieBJ said... (4/30/12 7:51 PM) Reply
This is stunning! ummm trying to utilize some descriptive words here that haven't been already used! I love it! Thanks for giving me some inspiration as well!
CTBarb said... (4/29/12 7:39 AM) Reply
Wow, great interpretation! I love the color and pattern choices.
Cuffs said... (4/27/12 1:27 PM) Reply
Stunning design and oh-so-well-done! Thanks immensely for the flatlock tips, I will definitely give that technique another try. Also, the fit is perfect and I see you've been able to achieve that lovely "softmess" at the waist you were going for. ;^)
valkyrie01 said... (4/26/12 1:44 AM) Reply
Awesome top! There is something very satifying about copying a design that was in the hundreds of dollars in the RTW form, I must say! I like your version much better than that the Anthropolgie version. A brown suede wrap skirt or a long Jean skirt would complete the look! Wonderful!
DeJa Chic said... (4/25/12 8:03 PM) Reply
Loved!
Alexus1325 said... (4/25/12 2:25 PM) Reply
This is epic win!
VirginiasDghter said... (4/25/12 12:35 PM) Reply
You've created a masterpiece!
jenleeC said... (4/25/12 10:16 AM) Reply
Your top is a work of art! Thank you for the marvelous review full of really helpful information. I have saved this one for future reference.
DaisyA said... (4/25/12 2:24 AM) Reply
Fantabulous!! You're a genius and an inspiration. Thanks
jacqui rocks said... (4/24/12 7:01 PM) Reply
Luv it!!!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (4/24/12 6:42 PM) Reply
Great review and the finished top is stunning!
CSY said... (4/24/12 3:04 PM) Reply
WOW is right! and I want one too. Great review and description of what you did.
LynnG said... (4/24/12 12:29 PM) Reply
What a beautiful top!!! Great review with so much helpful information. Much appreciated.
CTBarb said... (4/24/12 12:23 PM) Reply
Wow! I am blown away. Great interpretation of a really cool design.
Sigrid. said... (4/24/12 11:47 AM) Reply
Where is the very, very helpful button? What a great review, and the result: STUNNING.
Michele Lommasson said... (4/24/12 11:23 AM) Reply
Wonderful!
sewinfrance said... (4/24/12 10:53 AM) Reply
Great work, thanks for such a detailled and informative review. Now I just need to give it a go too....
redside said... (4/24/12 9:51 AM) Reply
This is very inspiring! Thanks for the detailed instructions.
RLL said... (4/24/12 8:53 AM) Reply
Incredible job! I love it.
BillieJean said... (4/24/12 8:11 AM) Reply
This is just so beautifully done and your excellent review (tutorial) makes me think I could do something like this. Love it!
sewingsilly said... (4/24/12 7:38 AM) Reply
WOW....I love the creativity!! So many possibilities!! Great Job!!!!
Mel.J said... (4/24/12 6:51 AM) Reply
Wow, that is fabulous! Wonderful top. Thanks for putting so much effort into sharing the process.
pdiddly said... (4/24/12 3:03 AM) Reply
ditto what the other said - WOW - I love it (great review)
GBK said... (4/24/12 2:33 AM) Reply
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Not only you made an adorable top that looks like RTW, your tips and pics are so helpful! I always wanted to make a top out of the many left over pieces of jerseys I have but was unsure how to construct it so that it would look professional and not home-made. Thanks again!
velosewer said... (4/24/12 2:24 AM) Reply
Very stunning top. Your choice of RTW and your version are both excellent.
barebear said... (4/24/12 0:32 AM) Reply
Wow, what a cool top! I really like that you made yours long sleeve. Thanks for the great review too! I'll definitely refer to it if I attempt something similar. :)
Jrhee said... (4/24/12 0:05 AM) Reply
OMG, this is awesome, and you are so cute in this!
Sew4Fun said... (4/23/12 11:28 PM) Reply
Wow, I absolutely love, love, LOVE this! I've just returned from several boutiques selling tops like this so your review is both timely and inspirational. I especially like that your base colour isn't black like 99.9% of tops. Great job and fantastic review too. So incredibly helpful, thanks!
Sharonspils said... (4/23/12 11:10 PM) Reply
WOW this is brilliant and I love your interpretation of the original. Your detailed review has given me a lot to information to work with, thank you.
marjoriekh said... (4/23/12 10:23 PM) Reply
What an excellent job you did using the original as inspiration and producing something that is really your own work. Thank you for such a helpful, thorough review.
Living Beauty said... (4/23/12 9:58 PM) Reply