Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1800 (Misses and Plus Dresses)

Reviewed by:penelopey4

About penelopey4star
CO USA
Member since: 5/27/11
Posted on:4/25/12 5:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Plus
janelouise said... (5/30/15 2:12 PM) Reply
I agree with you on the 'fitting steps' which make the garment take 3 times as long to assemble if you follow them. I am going to take your advice on securing the straps. Your dress looks great.
BecStitches said... (2/10/13 8:51 PM) Reply
Love your version.. mentioned it on my blog www.becstitches.blogspot.com.au :)
carry said... (5/5/12 11:25 PM) Reply
Thanks Penelopey, for the heads up on this pattern-I usually take a lot of time fitting so maybe the extra steps in this pattern could help gals with different figure problems. It always makes me feel so happy that younger women are sewing instead of just buying whatever. It seemed for awhile that I was the last one left. Pattern review proves me wrong, there are still tons of women that love to sew and dress creatively. I've been sewing for 50 years ans won't stop till I have to. Thanks again for your review Carry
penelopey4 said... (4/28/12 4:39 PM) Reply
Carry, I took the back in because it was the easiest place to do so once it almost all done and I realized how big it was. I can get it over my head just fine with minimal wiggling. I think if I'd made the 8 or 10 it would have fit better, but it's hard to say. It sure is a cute design! Good luck with yours :)
carry said... (4/27/12 5:16 PM) Reply
When you say that it was huge, was it just in the back? If you had made the 10 would the fit have been better? I wonder if the sleeves and shoulders would be off as I have to so a lot of fitting on the left side, I like this style so much and want to do one for me and 2 daughters and it looks so easy. Yours ended up really cute,but with no zip can you get it over your head OK? Good job with the modifications
Ecrulace said... (4/26/12 4:55 PM) Reply
Love it - great sewing!
VirginiasDghter said... (4/26/12 3:22 PM) Reply
Very cute and looks so comfy!
cocosloft said... (4/26/12 1:29 PM) Reply
I love this! I want to make in a long version, thanks for flags on funky pattern. So cute on you!
prostheticsgirl said... (4/26/12 10:12 AM) Reply
Very cute and so much versatility for summer!
MNBarb said... (4/26/12 8:06 AM) Reply
This looks like a dress you will want to wear every day. Chambray is so easy to dress up or down with some fun jewelry and sandals. It's very cute on you. Too bad about the pattern errors.
zoe said... (4/25/12 8:43 PM) Reply
Very pretty. Love the pattern with so many options.
MapleCandy3 said... (4/25/12 6:21 PM) Reply
its very cute!!
cleverkitty said... (4/25/12 6:10 PM) Reply
Gorgeous Dress This will be a favorite... simple and uncomplicated is what I like best.

Understanding Wool Fabrics