Pattern Reviews> Other> MIX 30 (Merckwaedign)

Reviewed by:treefrog

About treefrogstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 2/13/08
Posted on:4/27/12 10:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
khurtdvm said... (7/29/12 10:59 PM) Reply
Looks really pretty! And I'm laughing at the thought of being "navigationally embarrassed" because of your bra....
fuzzygalore said... (4/29/12 1:09 PM) Reply
Oh my! The underwire and compass thing should go straight into snopes :-). If that were the case, think what would happen to the poor souls with metal stiffening in their boots, with metal water bottles, and even worse carrying an ice axe!!! I'm very directionally challenged and have been lost many times, but never from carrying metal objects, much less very lightweight ones. That said, I don't think you're meant to apply elastic following scallops, ever. You're using clear polyurethane elastic there, no? My rtw with scallops always cuts straight across with the elastic. And yes you should always listen to sigrid and reinforce what she tells you to :-). But that said, it looks very pretty, and isn't it a pleasure to get something that fits you perfectly even when you're 'between sizes', as most of us are?
Margaret said... (4/29/12 5:51 AM) Reply
Very pretty! It's nice that the fit turned out OK even on the first one. Good luck with the next versions!
pdiddly said... (4/29/12 3:02 AM) Reply
fantastic job
CherylStillSews said... (4/29/12 1:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Well done - you'll be making many more of these.
JanyceR said... (4/28/12 10:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful bra, and good information. I am getting ready to make my first bra since the 80's. I believe I will try this pattern. Thanks1
ClaireEmily said... (4/28/12 6:56 PM) Reply
Fantastic job and beautiful bra! I never realised that underwires could become magnetised - I wonder how the plastic ones will last. I totally hear you on not commonly available bra sizes, I have to visit a specialist store and it is such a pain. Sounds like you have found a great solution!
Sigrid. said... (4/28/12 12:44 PM) Reply
Double click, double comment. Sorry
Sigrid. said... (4/28/12 12:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful! The combination of lace and lycra is very nice. Glad my posts on construction were helpful. For me too, the idea of the wire interfering with a compass is new. Never would have thought of that.
jannw said... (4/28/12 5:19 AM) Reply
Very pretty!! I had to go back and study the areas that you felt were a problem(bridge joining and elastic) Very difficult to tell, looks planned and part of the design. Interesting about the metal underwires..might it accidently got maganatized, like sewing pins and scissors? Nice matched set with previous panties. You did a super job on this Congrats!
valkyrie01 said... (4/28/12 0:18 AM) Reply
Awesome bra! Really pretty; I love the contrast of the front panels with the rest of the white fabric. I will keep this pattern in mind when I get into using stretchy fabric (right now I am falling in love again with silk dupioni, for bras this time around). I never quite thought about metal underwire that way LOL! That was "a first" in a review for this web site! I am just getting into bra making as well and love it! Enjoy; I find bra making is addictive! I made one and now 7 more are on the way LOL...!

Paradiso Designs Retro Granny Skirt Formula Pattern