Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3681 (Evening Elegance Top & Skirt)

Reviewed by:Ann Margaret

About Ann Margaretstar
GA USA
Posted on:12/8/04 12:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
AlexaNJ said... (5/14/07 10:47 PM) Reply
Great job in sewing costumes for theatrical shows! That is sorta how I got started - my mother has always sewn, but I was a dancer growing up and our school used a seamstress for all of our costumes. I always loved getting a new costume and always wanted to make and design my own. Great job!
AnneM said... (12/9/04 7:41 AM) Reply
My 1st reaction was: No, it looks nothing like the pattern! But you're right, the bodice does look like it. Those look great. Thanks for sharing the idea (modifying the pattern) as well.
Kathryn said... (12/9/04 7:22 AM) Reply
Good for you, Ann-Margaret! Those costumes look wonderful! I was also in the costume-sewing mode while my DD was in high school musicals, making 150 costumes per year, and it's really hard work, fitting to so many different shapes and preferences. It was always a thrill, though, to see the finished products on stage. You must feel the same way. I applaud you--so few people know how much labor goes in to costuming casts. I'm sure your daughter is proud of you as well.
minieme said... (12/8/04 5:10 PM) Reply
Great admiration for dance mom for doing these wonderful looking costumes! They look great!
GorgeousFabrics said... (12/8/04 1:54 PM) Reply
Bravo!!! How fun that looks, and how much work! Whew, you're good. :) -Ann
Georgene said... (12/8/04 1:07 PM) Reply
Great use of a commercial pattern for a custom costume project. Very smart to serge all layers together for future alterations, I will have to remember that as I feel certain that I will be called to do something similar at DD's school one of these days.
kbrock said... (12/8/04 12:54 PM) Reply
Thank you for showing us the wonderful costumes...how fun. You must be very proud of your daughter - it looks like a spectacular production.

Butterick B5181