Pattern Reviews> Other> SMM-165 (Christmas Tree Skirt)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/30/03
Posted on:12/9/04 12:55 PM
Last Updated:12/9/04 1:00 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Kidosmom said... (9/22/15 8:17 PM) Reply
I love this but I see you are an avid sewer with all the projects you have done. My question velvet hard to sew with, what did you line the tree skirt with? Any tips as I have never sewn with velvet before and I would really like to do a tree skirt in eggplant since it is a hard color to find. Any tips?
ceedee said... (12/4/06 2:20 PM) Reply
Very pretty and creative - love the colors, too! Thanks for the inspiration.
Leslie in Austin said... (12/30/04 12:51 PM) Reply
I'm happy to report that my friend had a Christmas tree this year, adorned by a lovely purple velvet tree skirt. They had even hung the matching stockings. Alas, in their new home the tree is in a different room from the loveseat that inspired me. Also, their huge home requires an enormous tree that makes the skirt look dinky. Still, it's as beautiful as I remembered!
Katharine in BXL said... (12/10/04 11:18 AM) Reply
Leslie, what a breathtaking creation! What a good friend you are. Did she put up the tree?
Skymom said... (12/10/04 8:29 AM) Reply
This is wonderful. I need a tree skirt but have been totally uninspired to make one...until today. I doubt I can it for this year, but maybe for next...and maybe I'll make presents for my sisters, too. What a great way to feature gorgeous fabric. Thanks for the review.
CarolynGM said... (12/10/04 5:27 AM) Reply
Extremely ambitious first project! And velvet stockings for the pets too! What a lucky friend you have.
AnneM said... (12/9/04 7:37 PM) Reply
That is lovely. And with that investment, you had to make it come out nicely! Thanks for the link to the instructions. I'm always surprised at how expensive tree skirts are to buy "RTW".
pandoula said... (12/9/04 6:17 PM) Reply
Adorable! I sure hope that tree is up!
Diana M said... (12/9/04 6:07 PM) Reply
I agree that it's a lovely tree skirt -- what stunned me is that little comment, "2 yrs ago, the first year I had my machine . . ." You truly are an inspiration, Leslie! Thank you.
Gigi Louis said... (12/9/04 3:18 PM) Reply
I have made many of these SMM skirts but none as beautiful as yours!
sewfan said... (12/9/04 2:45 PM) Reply
Leslie, the tree skirt is absolutely gorgeous!! I can't believe your friend didn't put up a tree just so she could use it!
pharmercoon said... (12/9/04 2:34 PM) Reply
You are the coolest friend! I hope everyone in your life realizes that! Love the tree skirt! Happy Holidays! Kay
PhyllisC said... (12/9/04 1:18 PM) Reply
What a lovely heirloom! Leslie, I hear you on the materials $$ - the tree skirt I made had an old bedsheet for a backing, and it was made from fabulous super marked-down Home Dec fabric that cost almost nothing....but the TRIM - well the perfect trim was fancy ball fringe at $15 a yard..and I needed 7 yards ;0)...but that was 8 years ago, we still use it, and my kids cherish it. *Happy Holidays!*

Self Drafted Pattern Luly Yang

by: arianamani...

Sewing Workshop Soho Coat Pattern

Sewing Workshop Soho Coat Pattern

Sew Liberated Brynna Dress Pattern

Sew Liberated Brynna Dress Pattern

Serendipity Studio 109 (Monique Dress)

by: Bichoodle