Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6552 (Misses' Dress: Fashion Star)

Reviewed by:cocosloft

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Athene said... (7/19/12 5:24 AM) Reply
I love this version and you look so lovely in it. I intend on making this in a cotton lawn and will refer to your review and blog as I wish to line it as you have done. Thank you for the great reveiw.
PatriciaM said... (7/2/12 2:02 PM) Reply
What a beautiful garment! Your fabric choice is perfect. I bought this pattern today and am happy to have your suggestions re the bustline. And thanks too for the blog info.
Ecrulace said... (5/17/12 7:41 AM) Reply
Just bought the pattern - great to find your review and the beautiful garment you made
Barbara V said... (5/12/12 6:21 PM) Reply
Oh dear, I was in JoAnn's yesterday and could have bought this pattern on sale....O.K., next time. It is really pretty on you and very feminine. I like how you created the front crossover for more coverage. Nice work!
rebelina said... (5/8/12 2:49 PM) Reply
That looks amazing on you
slmstyle said... (5/8/12 2:34 PM) Reply
Really great caftan you made! I am a fan of the TV show Fashion Star and bought this pattern as soon as it was available. I am on the hunt for some great fabrics to make it in. Thanks so much for the sewing tips and heads up on the length (I'm 5'9" and usually find long dresses too short!) and low cut front that you posted on your blog. Can't wait to see more versions of this from you!
tess said... (5/8/12 8:37 AM) Reply
Oh you look gorgeous in this dress, absolutely stunning!
lamstu said... (5/8/12 6:25 AM) Reply
I find myself drawn to this design , but I fear it will br too hot to wear and unflattering on me. Your gorgeous caftan is making me wish for it again... And lots of info in the review. Love it all
pdiddly said... (5/8/12 2:57 AM) Reply
fabulous - looks great
renren said... (5/8/12 0:08 AM) Reply
Thanks for writing such thorough reviews. I really appreciate it. This dress you have sewn looks perfect for the hot days of summer looming just ahead! As cool as a scoop of orange sherbet.
heathergwo said... (5/7/12 11:09 PM) Reply
Nice! Thanks for all the tips - I think I might need this one :-)
prostheticsgirl said... (5/7/12 11:02 PM) Reply
Gorgeous, I love it! Great job matching your stripes too. I just ordered a couple of silk saris from India and think this would be a great pattern to make some fun summer maxi dresses
zoe said... (5/7/12 9:00 PM) Reply
Just beautiful! What a great, cool, breezy summer dress! ( I need one of these I think).
grays08 said... (5/7/12 8:25 PM) Reply
I have this pattern too and plan to make it for the summer. Thanks for your tips and info!
GoodbyeValntino said... (5/7/12 6:19 PM) Reply
I almost bought this pattern because the RTW was so cute on Fashion Star! You did a great job and I plan to read your blog post.

by: Artemisia ...