Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8781 (Misses Career Coordinates)

Reviewed by:Jrhee

About Jrheestarstar
Member since: 8/7/11
Posted on:5/9/12 1:14 AM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants    Skirts
julesjules said... (5/14/13 2:41 PM) Reply
I'm a big fan of jackets. That's a really nice one, and fits beautifully.
wordchick said... (4/18/13 7:39 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review.... I made this, too and wasn't happy with the jacket. Your review confirms what I felt was going on with the jacket. Thanks so much!
Barbara V said... (5/12/12 6:29 PM) Reply
Pretty and classic blazer in a fabulous fabric...can't beat that. Great job on fitting and it looks lovely on you.
cleverkitty said... (5/9/12 10:13 PM) Reply
I simply love this classic style, I love jackets and this one is fabulous, I would not mind owning this one you made. The dolman sleeves gives it an edgy look. Great fit.
ArtAttack said... (5/9/12 4:08 PM) Reply
Oh, this looks great on you! You really nailed the fit...super cute addition to your basics.
Jrhee said... (5/9/12 3:55 PM) Reply
MNBarb, I was *VERY* worried when I first tried this on without the shoulder pads in - it was very sack-y. Fortunately, the shoulder pads gave it enough structure.
MNBarb said... (5/9/12 3:08 PM) Reply
Really nice work! I can't believe you achieved this perfect fit with dolman sleeves which are often sack-y in appearance. I'm drooling over your beautiful fabric.
Jrhee said... (5/9/12 1:31 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! JOshiro, I'm so ridiculous sometimes with my clothes!
JOshiro said... (5/9/12 9:56 AM) Reply
Beautiful work! The style suits you well. (No pun intended.) I had to laugh at your comment about getting a few more years' wear out of a 20-y-o jacket!
SewWil said... (5/9/12 9:55 AM) Reply
Classic! I love it. Great job!
GoodbyeValntino said... (5/9/12 9:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! It looks very detailed even though there are very few. I suppose that's the secret of a good pattern! Great job :)
margk said... (5/9/12 7:45 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! And it must feel so lovely to wear....enjoy!
Lori V said... (5/9/12 7:11 AM) Reply
Very pretty jacket and you are right, a wonderful staple for your wardrobe.
Dilliander said... (5/9/12 5:50 AM) Reply
Stylish, comfortable, cashmere and silk... What a great jacket! It looks lovely on and the back detail is very RTW. An excellent replacement for your favorite jacket.
renren said... (5/9/12 3:29 AM) Reply
This is lovely. If I had the skill, I would sew one now!. What a great jacket to add to your wardrobe!

BurdaStyle Magazine 11-2012-112