Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> 0001 (Two-Seam Top)

Review submitted in The One Yard Challenge Contest
Reviewed by:JenniferMM

About JenniferMMstar
Member since: 10/19/08
Posted on:5/9/12 12:45 PM
JenniferMM said... (6/5/12 12:31 PM) Reply
Great question, Carla! I just tried the top back on to make sure my answer was accurate. Worn as I am in the thumbnail (as a wrap top rather than a shawl) no wrong side fabric should be seen, *unless* you choose to roll over the collar instead of wearing it full/bunched. There is a fair bit of fabric at the neckline so, this would be a matter of personal preference. Provided you like the full look, the only important thing would be to choose a fabric with plenty of stretch. :-)
CSM--Carla said... (6/5/12 7:49 AM) Reply
This top looks great on you! Thank you so much for including all the information so I can make one for myself!! Is it important to make it from a fabric that looks the same both sides...Can you tell me if the wrong side of the fabric shows when you wear it?
izzylea said... (5/22/12 7:32 PM) Reply
WOW! Only two seams! I really love your top and I think you look great in it! I would love to make it in the future with longer sleeves. Thank you for the instructions! :) Shayla - izzylea
Margaret said... (5/21/12 5:42 AM) Reply
Very cool! Looks great on you!
HeatherLSB said... (5/15/12 7:36 PM) Reply
Oh sooooo clever!!! I think it is a very flattering style. Beautiful!
Annie P said... (5/10/12 8:46 PM) Reply
It looks great on you. I'd like to try it as the shawl, as that looked good in your pics.
JenniferMM said... (5/10/12 2:08 PM) Reply
Thank you, ladies! @Renren I hadn't noticed the envelope - those little tidbits are always so cool, aren't they? @Sarsez I'm glad you think the review is helpful. Sewing it is much easier than explaining it! It's a great project for when you have a short amount of time.
Sarsez said... (5/9/12 6:58 PM) Reply
Really helpful review. This pattern is on my to do list. Congrats on your entry.
renren said... (5/9/12 3:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for the info on constructing this top. Look at the pattern envelope image: Washington 4, D. C. This predates zip codes! That in and of itself is cool but your top is super cool. Great way to use up those larger scraps that seem to accumulate.
Jrhee said... (5/9/12 3:36 PM) Reply
How clever, and can't argue with 2 seams! I think it looks very glamorous on you, and this pattern would really highlight a fabulous knit.

by: valerie se...

Purse-Nickities Paper Pattern

Purse-Nickities Paper Pattern

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)