Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2447 (Choice of tankinis)

Reviewed by:jennxlynch

About jennxlynch
Member since: 7/29/09
Posted on:5/9/12 6:56 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
ChristineX said... (5/14/12 11:20 PM) Reply
Nice!!
jennxlynch said... (5/12/12 5:10 PM) Reply
fuzzygalore - Thanks for the tip I will try that next time! SavageCoco- No I cut it the same size as the shell fabric. The pattern is designed to really stretch to fit and since the powernet does not have the same stretch as the shell fabric it kind of works as if I had cut it smaller. Does that make sense?
SavageCoco said... (5/11/12 1:15 PM) Reply
Really well done! Did you cut the powernet in a smaller size and stretch it to fit?
lyndle said... (5/11/12 8:46 AM) Reply
This looks really good. Worth the persevering!
fuzzygalore said... (5/11/12 4:49 AM) Reply
Looks very good on the whole, and I like your fabric choice very much :-). May I make a suggestion? I get good results when the cup lining is a bit smaller than the outside fabric, gives better support imho. You may not need to do anything else.
jennxlynch said... (5/10/12 12:07 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I'm glad I spent all that time on the suit especially since I've got such crazy size differences between top, middle, and bottom. I couldn't even gear up for the shopping trip this year. I've got the bug now and I can't wait to make some more. We have a big two week lakeside vacation coming up in June.
MNBarb said... (5/10/12 8:08 AM) Reply
What a lot of work you've put into the swimsuit but they are the most difficult (impossible) thing to find in RTW so well worth the effort. The tankini style is flattering.
annakeeton said... (5/10/12 6:38 AM) Reply
Great swimsuit!
cindysewsaz said... (5/10/12 1:11 AM) Reply
Great job! Isn't it nice to be able to get the exact fit and coverage you want without shelling out hundreds of dollars?
tutti frutti said... (5/9/12 11:17 PM) Reply