Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3740 (Tops)

Reviewed by:renren

About renrenstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/20/05

Best Patterns of 2010
Posted on:5/10/12 0:35 AM

dawn so cal said... (8/3/12 9:00 AM) Reply
Wow! This is adorable!
Margaret said... (5/11/12 4:19 AM) Reply
Very nice! The stripes look great, particularly on the cowl and the armhole bindings. I really like when the pattern includes those side gathers too. This one sounds very well designed.
pdiddly said... (5/11/12 2:44 AM) Reply
I confess I have not seen these side gathers before, but am interested to see if any of my patterns have that. The top looks lovely.
Annette1 said... (5/10/12 11:42 PM) Reply
This is SO CUTE! I LOVE it in the striped fabric, especially with the little bindings at the armholes. :o)
Patti B said... (5/10/12 11:17 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
treefrog said... (5/10/12 10:49 PM) Reply
Great top Renren. I love the way you've used the stripes on this one. It is good that the cowl doesn't turn itself inside out like a lot of them do.
FreyaStark said... (5/10/12 6:14 PM) Reply
A very nice top. It looks good in a striped fabric. Sorry about the snags! You'd better be careful when wearing it.
ArtAttack said... (5/10/12 1:05 PM) Reply
Super cute top and fabric. I love what the stripe does on the cowl. I'm with Christas...why don't I own this pattern??
renren said... (5/10/12 11:14 AM) Reply
RadarRadiance, I first saw these underarm side gathers used in New Look 6735, a Best Pattern of 2008. I have used darts in knits and not been happy at all, but these side gathers get the job done. Sandi S. reviewed a top the other day with side gathers to accomplish a FBA (there may have been more detail, not sure) and treefrog thinks these side gathers are the way to go when using knits instead of using a dart. I have to agree now that I've had a little experience with them. Even on closer-fitting knit tops without a dart or gathers drafted in, I add the gathers by adding 1.5-2 inches, depending on the knit, at the area under the arm to CF and then I gather it per this KS pattern and the NL pattern.
RadarRadiance said... (5/10/12 10:30 AM) Reply
great review. Interesting about the side gathers, I wouldn't have known that in the drawing. Very cute!
Christas said... (5/10/12 8:59 AM) Reply
Really cute top and excellent review. I can't believe I don't have this pattern! Your very nice version of this top makes me want to add this pattern to my stash.
jannw said... (5/10/12 8:08 AM) Reply
Good info on the cowl and dart substitute...great job! very fashionable...
GoodbyeValntino said... (5/10/12 6:55 AM) Reply