Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Amy Knit Top (Amy Knit Top)

Reviewed by:apoxia

About apoxiastar
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 6/9/11
Posted on:5/11/12 11:48 PM
Last Updated:5/11/12 11:49 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
jannw said... (5/12/12 7:21 AM) Reply
I like the look on you! This pattern is one my want list, so I appreciate the review and your fabric tips..
apoxia said... (5/12/12 3:46 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the comments and advice :) I think I do need to try it again with a drapier fabric and maybe change the hem and reign in the flare in the side seams.
newsewer2011 said... (5/12/12 3:07 AM) Reply
I have literally just finished making this top, and I have to say my initial reaction was the same as yours. But I have now tried it on with my Style Arc Elle pants which are very straight/skinny, and it looks a lot better. I do think its narrower than other SA tops though, as I also look like I need a FBA on it. Also, my fabric is not drapey enough either, so I think we need to give the pattern another chance :)
LynnRowe said... (5/12/12 2:57 AM) Reply
Try turning the back collar down, rather than wearing it straight up, that should help the cowl drape better. I am not a fan of cotton knit, as it's just not drapy enough...give this pattern a try in a rayon/Lycra jersey. if you're wider in the hips, I would cut the hemline straight, rather than doing the side drapes. I think you look terrific in your top, and I do hope you'll give it another try in a softer draping fabric!
Stargirl7 said... (5/12/12 1:25 AM) Reply
I really, really like this on you. I saw your pic and immediately decided I wanted one just like it. Then I looked at the pattern. Yes, it looks nothing like the pattern, so I can see why you were disappointed. But I love it the way it is! (It would also be cool with a hood, in a cozy-but-drapey fabric for winter.)
hme75 said... (5/12/12 1:10 AM) Reply
I too think this top has a fun and flattering shape and it looks great on you! Do you have skinny jeans to pair it with? (although I do agree that Style Arc's pattern images have a slightly exaggerated long and lean look :) )
rivergum said... (5/12/12 0:52 AM) Reply
I can't see how this makes you look 5kg heavier! It looks terrific and really caught my eye while looking through the gallery. Try a photo of something more fitted alongside and see if it really does make you look larger in the hips. I suspect it doesn't. Also try some leggins as the jeans do look a bit baggy.
USMCMom said... (5/12/12 0:43 AM) Reply
Just a thought...The tenting or flaring at the center bottom hem might indicate you need an FBA. It seems to be pulling up in the front, but it might be the angle of the photo. But it's an interesting shape and I think it suits you.
ClaireEmily said... (5/11/12 11:55 PM) Reply
I actually think it's a lovely top, and this loose and drapy tunic style (with slim pants) is a very fashionable right now. I think you look great!

by: EmeraldEri...