Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5758 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:jadesabre9

About jadesabre9star
SC USA
Member since: 10/23/11
Posted on:5/16/12 9:36 PM
Last Updated:5/17/12 7:56 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Nitnac said... (4/27/13 2:54 PM) Reply
I found this website after searching on this pattern. I just made view a, after making a lot of adjustments trying to make it longer above the waist, and it is not quite right. I struggled with the exact same steps, and am so relieved to see that it was not just me! I shall start all over again with a new length of fabric and see how I go.
Norbs said... (8/23/12 11:40 PM) Reply
I had the same problem and sent an e-mail to Butterick. They sent me revised instructions which look as if they have solved the problem as the bodice is sewn together differently. Have not yet attempted. Luckily I have enough fabric left to cut a new bodice. So before sewing, contact Buttterick.
Kurts girl said... (5/22/12 9:29 PM) Reply
Your Dress is wonderful! Your review was very useful, I made this dress today and you are right, it will not turn right side out. I took the back of the neck apart and it did the trick. I will make the dress again, but next time I will not put the neck seams together until after it is turned right side out!
cocosloft said... (5/17/12 8:18 AM) Reply
You ended up with a pretty dress! Looks lovely on you.

by: myraminx