Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Icon Shirt (Icon Shirt)

Reviewed by:2 Airedales n Me

About 2 Airedales n Mestar
Member since: 3/24/09
Posted on:5/18/12 1:31 AM
Last Updated:5/25/12 1:24 AM

GoodbyeValntino said... (5/25/12 7:07 AM) Reply
Great top! Thanks for the review.
renren said... (5/20/12 10:06 PM) Reply
Congrats on your first review. I really like your top and I'm sure it looks elegant on. I'll be interested to see your buttons, too.
kellyt said... (5/20/12 8:18 PM) Reply
Great review! Thanks for all the details. I love your fabric and the top came out very cute.
2 Airedales n Me said... (5/20/12 1:20 PM) Reply
Oh I love hearing these comments. ha ha It's like having sewing friends right in my studio. Thanks! The fabric is cotton batik (not rayon), BTW. Rayon would be great - more drape. And polymer clay buttons do wash and dry but not dryclean. Shameless plugs: I used to own and design rayon batiks for The Batik Butik for 12 years. And now I make and sell polymer clay buttons: Nothing on that side YET but if you like unusual buttons, bookmark the site. :( (Hope it's okay to tell you all this).
fauxgetaboutit said... (5/20/12 11:03 AM) Reply
Great review! I wasn't sure about this pattern but now I'm sold. I love that you make your own buttons! Do they wash and dry okay?
marthamyers said... (5/20/12 8:32 AM) Reply
Welcome to PR! I like your version of the Icon so much better than mine. I especially like the batik.
Dilliander said... (5/20/12 3:45 AM) Reply
Lovely shirt, the fabric and style look great
FreyaStark said... (5/20/12 1:30 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review. It's a cool shirt. You may be interested to know that you don't have to go to Bali to buy batik rayon: Sawyer Brook stocks rayon batik.
marec said... (5/20/12 1:25 AM) Reply
Great review! Your shirt is stunning, and even though SW patterns rarely fit me without extensive alterations, I am now tempted. :-)
DianasThread said... (5/19/12 11:27 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I've been thinking of trying this pattern, and now I really want to try making polymer buttons.
2 Airedales n Me said... (5/19/12 0:05 AM) Reply
Thank you. This is my first review and I couldn't seem to get the photo linked to the review (unless you go to a list of reviews). And I obviously reduced the photo size too much. Will try to edit and add two more photos of the detail!
Aixoise said... (5/18/12 1:11 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the fitting tips. Love the idea of "protecting" the tummy. Would like to see a larger photo; the thumbnail looks very pretty.

Decades of Style 3007